'Standard Cupra'

STEFanGB

Nov 11, 2007
Hello there, I just couldn't let go some of 'em ppls threads sayin': "My Standard Cupra nah nah, my Cupra blah blah..." and driving (in best opinion) Top Sport... OK, I've got nothing against replicas, but someone should get their sh..mess straight... Producer have his reasons to call that version Cupra, because it's top range of that particular model! (for the sake of lots of differencies: not only engine power, but bodykit, suspension, seats, wheels, ets, ets..too many to list)
For the same reason why I don't call my grandpa's BMW325 'Stock M3'!!!:wtf: Or C-class Merc 'Stock AMG', or Boxter 'Stock GT3', or... (You've got a point, haven't You?!)
Only Stock Cupra I can think of is SEAT Leon Cupra 210bhp (without "R")
LCR= SEAT Leon Cupra R 225bhp (with "R")
Cupra 4= SEAT Leon Copra 2.8l V6 4x4 200bhp
And I think there's some diesel one, dunno the specs...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I couldn't find any other Cupras and god I've been looking...
Your 1.8 20V and 1.8 20VT may look quite similar and have the same color, but it's NOT a Cupra!! That's why the manufacturer didn't use 'Cupra' logo on it (eBoo stickers won't make it too) and there's nothing about Cupra in its papers...

I'm sorry if I offended someone, but it's the same thing as calling a cat 'tiger' coz it has hairs too... I don't mind angry pussycat, but not sure about the other one... ((((:)
Don't get me wrong my point just is: it's not a same thing, thank You

STEF

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
What? Are you drunk?

Or maybe foreign. In the UK the only petrol Leon Cupra (mk1) has 180bhp, my paperwork says Leon 20V turbo Cupra (but it also says I have 6 seats), and we never had a V6 Leon. There is also the 150bhp diesel Cupra that you couldn't remember and looks the same except for a TDI badge.

The 210/225bhp versions are the Cupra R

But all in all a pointless rant full of incorrect ramblings.

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
This place is earth fella, need to come back down from where u are and chill. :D
Also can you post me a tester of what your taking cos it seems like proper fun:lol:

STEFanGB

Nov 11, 2007
What? Are you drunk?

Or maybe foreign. In the UK the only petrol Leon Cupra (mk1) has 180bhp, my paperwork says Leon 20V turbo Cupra (but it also says I have 6 seats), and we never had a V6 Leon. There is also the 150bhp diesel Cupra that you couldn't remember and looks the same except for a TDI badge.

1. No, I'm not drunk and 2. Yes, I'm foreign, so excuse my English (tryin' my best;-)))
So there might be some differencies between UK models and rest of the World?! Coz mine says in paperwork SEAT Leon Cupra 210bhp 154kW (Without "R" anywhere, except for badges behind front wheels... (Which is Cupra badge)
So does Your Cupra have white dials, sport seats, suspension, etc, etc?!
Coz 180bhp Leon is normal 20VT with same engine as vRS Octavia, nothing special, it only says 20VT at the back of the car, doesn't it?! If 20VT it's called in UK (for whatever reason) Cupra, then I'm sorry guys...
But other countries only knows these Cupras: black badge without "R" -210bhp and the red one with "R" -225bhp and yes, there is a 2.8l V6 Leon 4x4 without turbo, which delivers 200bhp
BTW thanks for the diesel one, 150bhp then...

LOL, just wondering, where's the 6th seat then... (Does the badge in the front count?) ((((((:)

Last edited:

STEFanGB

Nov 11, 2007
I've just done some (ehm, google) research and only pages talking about 180bhp 'Cupras' are .co.uk, I didn't realise that before, so it may not be Your fault... It's a bit wierd to me...
But anyway accept my apologies for blaming You having wrong informations about Your cars... From now on, I will know there's also 180bhp 20VT which appears (probably by the dealers in the UK) to be Cupra as well... My bad...

(((:)

dainott2105 still fancy that s..?! I think I had too much

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
I've just done some (ehm, google) research and only pages talking about 180bhp 'Cupras' are .co.uk, I didn't realise that before, so it may not be Your fault..

Just got to work
so glad its not our fault, that would of PROPER ruined my day knowing i didnt in fact own a cupra and i've been living in a bubble for the last 2 years :blink:

conroe

I know i have just done a nightshift and i am tired but i have read the thread and i have no idea what it is about :think: :wtf: :help: or is it just me lol

markoos

Simples!
Feb 1, 2004
Cumbernauld
Visit site
What? Are you drunk?

Funnily enough according to the paperwork my mk1 cupra has 6 seats too-howd they work that 1 out:confused:

Last edited:

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
I have a 180 bhp leon cupra........... and yes it does say cupra on the paperwork and on the back of the frigging car you fooking moron. Before you go upsetting people from back in Bosnia you need to do some research.

The cupra came in 4 stages over here in the U.K

pre facelift cupra 180
Facelift cupra 180
Early Cupra R 210
Late Cupra R 225

Funny how they are all cupras isnt it
Not forgetting the Cupra TDI before it became the FR ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise