DSC_5191_hf.jpg

Engimaneer

The Anti-Sheep
Dec 22, 2010
Hants/Dorset
www.seatcupra.net
Uprated clutch and REMAP!!

UPDATE....

I changed the clutch at the weekend, for the solid mass flywheel conversion and uprated clutch. Took me 20 hours over two days which was a lot more than I expected.
Pics to follow soon!

Also, I got the car remapped yesterday and am LOVING the results. Its a completely different beast to drive, with so much more torque throughout the entire rev range.

Engimaneer

The Anti-Sheep
Dec 22, 2010
Hants/Dorset
www.seatcupra.net
No, decided to keep it in the end as I didnt want to damage the wheel in any way. Plus I hardly notice it anymore, however everyone else does. (Assuming you meant steering wheel)

Didnt update this thread after doing some work, so should get some photos on here . (need to take them first)

Engimaneer

The Anti-Sheep
Dec 22, 2010
Hants/Dorset
www.seatcupra.net
I occasionally go to the 'TidyVag' meets, which are held at Holes Bay in poole on the second sunday of each month.
There are several Ibiza cupra's often show up, but not many Leons.

I believe there is a group called DasVag that is local and does weekly meets, so I will have to check that out sometime soon.

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
UPDATE....

I changed the clutch at the weekend, for the solid mass flywheel conversion and uprated clutch. Took me 20 hours over two days which was a lot more than I expected.
Pics to follow soon!

Also, I got the car remapped yesterday and am LOVING the results. Its a completely different beast to drive, with so much more torque throughout the entire rev range.

So What is it mapped to now??

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
I occasionally go to the 'TidyVag' meets, which are held at Holes Bay in poole on the second sunday of each month.
There are several Ibiza cupra's often show up, but not many Leons.

I believe there is a group called DasVag that is local and does weekly meets, so I will have to check that out sometime soon.

Interested in tidy vags... whats the turn out usaully like?

Engimaneer

The Anti-Sheep
Dec 22, 2010
Hants/Dorset
www.seatcupra.net
The turnout is not too shabby at all, unless its raining that is.
Not 100% on meets in the winter/dark as I only started going at the start of the summer. There is always at least ONE unique car that makes turning up that week well worth while!
I have never seen a Leon there though. So would be awesome to have another in the car park!

Engimaneer

The Anti-Sheep
Dec 22, 2010
Hants/Dorset
www.seatcupra.net
New Washers For Winter

With winter comming up I decided that I wanted to fit some heated washer jets to my car, I also decided that I missed the fan type spray pattern that my golf had.

After many hours of trawling the net and the scrapyards, I found that ford do some fan type spray heated washer jets and decided to purchase two of them.

The physical size of them is perfect as it fits nicely in the littlle valley in the scuttle, however they do not clip into place, so I will need to fix them in somehow.
The Leon jets have the water inlet at a 90 degree angle to the direction of spray on the horizontal and about 45 degrees to the base in the vertical, however the ford ones have the inlet at 90 degrees in the vertical in the centre. This will mean some adaptation of current washer tubing also.
The spray pattern seems sufficient, but they were only slaved in place and I need to try again once fitted correctly.

Hopefully it does not rain tomorrow, so I can remove the scuttle and get them fitted and wired in.

New washer jet in packet with p/n
DSC_9524.jpg

Out of packet
DSC_9527.jpg

Std Leon washer Jet
DSC_9540.jpg

Ford Washer Jet
DSC_9536.jpg

Engimaneer

The Anti-Sheep
Dec 22, 2010
Hants/Dorset
www.seatcupra.net
Just some cheap and nasty LED ones off ebay, nothing exciting.
If they stop working, I just replace them.

Got some LED strips to put in as DRL'S, however with the recent weather I may not get round to fitting them anytime soon.

gazzaharwood

Thinking about getting an arm rest, as the golf had one that was useful for long motorway drives alongside the cruise control for utter laziness.

Does anyone have a picture of an arm rest in a mk1 Leon? Also, I noticed that my trim doesnt appear to have a cut-out for one so I will have to cut one.

i got a picture m87 i will put it on tomoz

Engimaneer

The Anti-Sheep
Dec 22, 2010
Hants/Dorset
www.seatcupra.net
As said above, im rubbish at updating this thread and have loads that has not been posted.

The arm rest went in a long time ago, as did a new gear knob.
I sealed my leaking door seals too, as the floor was starting to get wet around all 4 doors in the rain.

I was having issues with reduced economy, restrained power, VERY dogy braking and handling insability, which turned out to be entirely down to the front RH brake piston being jammed out, wearing the disc and chewing right through the pad. This meant that I had to get new brakes.

Engimaneer

The Anti-Sheep
Dec 22, 2010
Hants/Dorset
www.seatcupra.net
New Gear Knob fitted

Old worn gearstick:
DSC_5668.jpg

Brand new gearstick:
DSC_6300.jpg

DSC_6299.jpg

DSC_6297.jpg

This new gear knob was such a strange shape, it seemed awkeward at first, but its actually far more ergonomical than the old one, so I now love it!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.