major fubar help

turbod

Feb 9, 2014
North East
Just changed oil on my tdi and I thought all good only to find it has dumped all it's oil from the oil cooler / filter canister area and I mean proper all the oil out EVERYWHERE.... it seems to be leaking from the joint between the oil cooler and the canister .... When I emptied the oil I loosened the bottom plastic nut to drain the canister completely.... Help is there an o ring between the joints or a locator HELP ! It's gone dark now and I have spent an hour cleaning 4 litres of brand new fully synthetic oil up off the f%&£ing road

turbod

Feb 9, 2014
North East
sorted

Well what a silly thing to do .... The seal had jumped off its locating pins on top of the oil coolerand fell towards the engine. So out at 6.30 this morning took the oil cooler bolt out and inspected and re seated the sealing washer, turned engine over and no leaks .... Just need another 5litres of sodding oil, spent the Last 40 minutes de greasing the road #won't do that again [:@]

turbod

Feb 9, 2014
North East
ooooppss! well we all live and learn, that is where a vac system comes into its own as there is a lot of old oil in there least nothin's broke \:)

Aye I wouldn't mind I have done loads of these in the past but this time I didn't take the bottom bolt out and check everything was ok on the top of the cooler It's been a while since I last did one and I thought that the seal was held captive...... But it's not :cry:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.