This is probably a stupid question to you guys but I can't find an answer

Axon

Nov 6, 2016
My front drivers door has a noticable ripple in it and someone is breaking an Ibiza the same colour as mine, although mine is a 3 door and the one being broke is a 5 door, I assume the door from the 5 door won't fit my motor but I just want some clarification!

Also when my car is cold there is a squeaking belt/bearing coming from the engine, anyone got any ideas? Goes away once the car is warm and has been drove about for a bit.

Thanks for the help!

tomo336

MK4 owner
Nov 3, 2016
Newcastle, Staffordshire
I'd assume the 3dr door is longer.

The squeaking belt is probably the aux belt which spins the alternator and AC compressor etc. I managed to change mine myself. Belt only cost me £10. There's a guide on here somewhere.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Yes the 3 door door is longer than the 5 door front door.

Noises, maybe your battery is past its best and so that noise is just the alternator being given a lot of work to do just after you have started the engine - try switching on the rear window heater and headlights once it has warmed up, does that bring the same noise back?

Other things do include that the auxiliary belt might now have become hard and polished with age - and so causing that noise, or the auxiliary belt tensioner pulley bearings are dried out so noisy at first then quietening down.

Shaggy's FR TDi

Feb 5, 2017
To check where noise coming from u can use a long screwdriver and place end on different parts on engine and your ear to handle end. Bit like placing a glass on wall and listening. Easy way to check alternator bearings.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Shaggy's FR TDi

Feb 5, 2017
Be worth keeping eye on coolant as could be water pump. Or power steering pump.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.