Ibiza Side Light Bulbs

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
EddyH said:
Well the brake light I replaced has blown again! Any ideas what could be causing this?
Might be worth checking the brake light switch hasn't failed or come loose, meaning the brake lights are on permanently and overheating ?

I've seen this on other cars in the past, usually the switch is somewhere on the brake pedal, never looked on the Ibiza though.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Blimey, a 4 year old thread resurrected :)

Have a look on Ultraleds.co.uk, I've got mine from there for the Ibiza and Passat.

Sorry can't remember which ones though !
Just wanted some bright whitish ones so I didn't have to change them again.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
are the ones on hids4u.com like really white/ blue??

I have`nt tried them myself but people seem to like them, the ones in my link from ebay are the whitest I`ve found but someone just recommended >>THESE<<... apparently they are very white.

weemanno1

Jul 11, 2009
i have tried to tak emy side light bulbs out but cant they just turn.. what do i need to do?? do i need to turn them to pull them out or just pull??? i moved my battery out the way but i only hve small hands n i cant do it!! :(

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Yeah just pull... your attempt is probably the first time someone has EVER tried to move them, once you`ve had them out they will be much easier in the future.

Don`t pull the wires too hard or you may pull one off!? :smoke:
You could try using some long-nose pliers to pull on the holder... just make sure you have got hold of it properly!

Lippo

YNWA
May 8, 2006
Formby
Blimey, a 4 year old thread resurrected :)

Have a look on Ultraleds.co.uk, I've got mine from there for the Ibiza and Passat.

Sorry can't remember which ones though !
Just wanted some bright whitish ones so I didn't have to change them again.

These are quite popular,
And I`ve had these before too, and they are quite good.

I have`nt tried them myself but people seem to like them, the ones in my link from ebay are the whitest I`ve found but someone just recommended >>THESE<<... apparently they are very white.

Old thread, but new info. Thanks, just ordered some LED's

weemanno1

Jul 11, 2009
Yeah just pull... your attempt is probably the first time someone has EVER tried to move them, once you`ve had them out they will be much easier in the future.

Don`t pull the wires too hard or you may pull one off!? :smoke:
You could try using some long-nose pliers to pull on the holder... just make sure you have got hold of it properly!

did it!! only problem is the drivers side holder where th eindicator and side light bulb sits is a little flimsy soi nearly broke it lol

Lippo

YNWA
May 8, 2006
Formby
Got the led's and fitted them. They are much better than standard. Give off a white clear light that is brighter than the old bulbs, but not dazzlingly bright.

Easy to fit once the front bumper is off. Just give the old bulbs a yank out. I had more of a problem putting them back in straight.

Ben_James

fog light changing

wondering if any1 cud help with changing the bulbs on my mk 4 ibiza foglights thought i could change them from underneath but theres like plastics guards stopping me from doin this
any help much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

Lippo

YNWA
May 8, 2006
Formby
wondering if any1 cud help with changing the bulbs on my mk 4 ibiza foglights thought i could change them from underneath but theres like plastics guards stopping me from doin this

Not done it myself, but can't you just yank out the plastic surround around the fogs to get access to them?

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009

Not done it myself, but can't you just yank out the plastic surround around the fogs to get access to them?

That`s it yes.. just pull on the inner part of the grille - not the part closest to your wheel, and it should come away. Then you`ll need a philips screwdriver to remove the foglight itself. Once you have the light out you rotate the back of it to get to the bulb.

Dom1988

Feb 2, 2010
Wakefield
That`s it yes.. just pull on the inner part of the grille - not the part closest to your wheel, and it should come away. Then you`ll need a philips screwdriver to remove the foglight itself. Once you have the light out you rotate the back of it to get to the bulb.

Like he said:lol: but on my cupra tdi you have to unscrew the fog light surround to the unscrew the foglight holder its self. After that its just a case of twisting the foglight out and replacing it. Really easy. Whereas side light are a pain.

Would love to know how to remove the front bumper though so when i buy the hid kit i can get easy access to the bulb housing unit. If anyones got any pictures or a guide. Ibiza Cupra Tdi

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise