Revo Stage 2 vs Custom Map - Outcome

Hedgehog Dodger

Aug 28, 2016
Hi all

Its not often I have to hold my hands up and say I was wrong but on this extremely rare occasion I was! :D

When I bought the car it had a Miltek Rear and a stage 1 Revo 245/265 graph. Car was quick and but not quick enough.

I carried out supporting mods to take it to stage 2. I then contacted Revo and they said for £50 they would take it to Stage 2.

I spoke to some mappers who wanted between 350 and 450 to do this
Because I didnt change the internals I thought OK...
so its just upping boost and duty cycle cant be too bad. (I had done this myself on my Jap cars with AVCR's and SAFC.

Some members on here advised against it but I was satisfied it would be best for the car and my wallet.

Revo 2 on (without dyno print) and technician said it feels like 280/280. Ok no problem.

Drove it and it was substantially quicker. At 3000 ot picked up quick, but sadly on track it was too harsh for a car without LSD.

So after months of umming I got a custom map put on. They dynod it before and it had 260ish/325ft lbs!!!! Rod bender. Chap said the boost spike was mad and then at 5000 it was steeply declining. At Oulton is was ok but exiting a corner and the TC would come on and when I turned it off the wheels would light up.....feathering throttle was only way I could exit corner with some hope of not being overtaken by the previous car.

Anway custom map went on and what a difference. Power is up and torque down but its more driveable. 280/300.

Peak Torque and power if further up the rev range meaning traction isnt much of an issue now. Car pulls hard to red line and it is more forgiving on corners.

Trackday booked for 7th March so we will see then.

So I apologise to all who might have though I was arrogant and I was wrong.

:D

Last edited:

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Your a good guy who loves his cars...we all respect that mate. Glad you got the car the way you want it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hi all

Its not often I have to hold my hands up and say I was wrong but on this extremely rare occasion I was! :D

When I bought the car it had a Miltek Rear and a stage 1 Revo 245/265 graph. Car was quick and but not quick enough.

I carried out supporting mods to take it to stage 2. I then contacted Revo and they said for £50 they would take it to Stage 2.

I spoke to some mappers who wanted between 350 and 450 to do this

Because I didnt change the internals I thought OK...

so its just upping boost and duty cycle cant be too bad. (I had done this myself on my Jap cars with AVCR's and SAFC.

Some members on here advised against it but I was satisfied it would be best for the car and my wallet.

Revo 2 on (without dyno print) and technician said it feels like 280/280. Ok no problem.

Drove it and it was substantially quicker. At 3000 ot picked up quick, but sadly on track it was too harsh for a car without LSD.

So after months of umming I got a custom map put on. They dynod it before and it had 260ish/325ft lbs!!!! Rod bender. Chap said the boost spike was mad and then at 5000 it was steeply declining. At Oulton is was ok but exiting a corner and the TC would come on and when I turned it off the wheels would light up.....feathering throttle was only way I could exit corner with some hope of not being overtaken by the previous car.

Anway custom map went on and what a difference. Power is up and torque down but its more driveable. 280/300.

Peak Torque and power if further up the rev range meaning traction isnt much of an issue now. Car pulls hard to red line and it is more forgiving on corners.

Trackday booked for 7th March so we will see then.

So I apologise to all who might have though I was arrogant and I was wrong.

:D

Great figures. But high torque still.
Gamble without forged internals still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Sounds like they attempted a crappy custom map instead of installing the out of the box Revo stage 2 to me. The whole point of them is that they are safe maps for a set list of mods.

Hedgehog Dodger

Aug 28, 2016
Can I just say the Revo Stage 2 was put on about a year ago at a totally difference company.

Revo stage 2 was put on by Unit 20....260BHP with 320 ft lbs

The custom map was put on 2 weeks ago at Unicorn in Stockport. He solely maps VAG cars. 280BHP 300 ft lbs

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Sounds like they attempted a crappy custom map instead of installing the out of the box Revo stage 2 to me. The whole point of them is that they are safe maps for a set list of mods.

except they are not.
old cars. spikey boost delivery - the perfect storm for bending/breaking rods as many have found from similar boost/torque delivery maps

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise