Sports Exhaust for Cupra

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
Hi All
Just purchased a Scorpion Resonated Catback exhaust for my Cupra ST 280. Sounds Awesome, but is much too loud for me in the car, and to be honest I'm not keen on some of the Boy Racer type attention it sometimes attracts. Also on Motorway journies it can become a bit tiresome! I was told not to buy a Milltek Resonated system as it's not much louder than stock, but to be honest l now wish l had. At my age (65!!) you want some creature comforts as well as fun. It's really difficult with exhausts to "try before you buy", so it's a bit of a risk if you don't, and YouTube clips are not very helpful and most are of Non Resonated systems!.. Anyway l digress, anyone else has this issue, and if they have a Resonated Milltek exhaust on their Cupra ST whats it like!! Not sure i'm allowed to do this on the forum, but I'll be selling the Scorpion for Half price and it's only a week old.
Cheers
Huffcap

b8er1234

Aug 29, 2012
Kent
I've got(and plenty of others on here) have the BCS powervalve exhaust system. It's got a valve in it that opens up when you boot it so sounds like a beast when you want it to. When plodding along you can notice the difference slightly but not intrusive at all

NotApplicable

Newbie....at my age?????
Mar 26, 2016
Somerset
Huffcap, I have the Milltek resonated but mine is turbo back with their pukka EU approved hi-flo cat. If I read your post right (and I'm 55) you might prefer it. When you are taking it easy, it's very similar to stock in level, but has a better quality to it. When I'm in the mood, it gets a harder edge - enough to peak interest, but not to see 'What a twat' faces directed at you.

It wooffles on the overrun and a deep note on idle.

I don't have a recording, sorry.

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
Hi Not Applicable

Many thanks for your reply and really good advice.. only 55 a mere youngster!!

Your Milltek resonated exhaust sounds great and just what i need.. easy when tootling about, but a nice hard edge when giving it some welly! I'm kicking myself for not doing this first time around as i originally was going for the Milltek Res, but was talked out of it!.

This is really going to effect my wallet, but it will nag away at me till i do something about it!!

Schoolboy error i'm afraid!!

Cheers
Huffcap

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
I've got(and plenty of others on here) have the BCS powervalve exhaust system. It's got a valve in it that opens up when you boot it so sounds like a beast when you want it to. When plodding along you can notice the difference slightly but not intrusive at all
Hi b8er1234

Thanks for your reply. l'll probably go for the Milltek, as my local dealer is only 6 miles from where i live. This alone can be a deciding factor! although I will have a gander at the Powervalve...sounds interesting

thanks for your reply
Huffcap

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
Huffcap, I have the Milltek resonated but mine is turbo back with their pukka EU approved hi-flo cat. If I read your post right (and I'm 55) you might prefer it. When you are taking it easy, it's very similar to stock in level, but has a better quality to it. When I'm in the mood, it gets a harder edge - enough to peak interest, but not to see 'What a twat' faces directed at you.

It wooffles on the overrun and a deep note on idle.

I don't have a recording, sorry.

Hi Not Applicable...

I eventually got a Milltek Resonated cat back exhaust put on to replace my very loud Scorpion one. It's loads quieter and more refined. I'm now tempted by Millteks Hi flo Cat and downpipe with a stage 2 remap! Is this the same set-up as yours?

You say it's not too noisy, which is what i want, but i don't want to make the same mistake as before and find it's too noisy again... You appear to be very happy with yours... it's expensive mind you..looking at £1200+, plus fitted!!

What do you reckon...should i do it?

Cheers
Huffcap

NotApplicable

Newbie....at my age?????
Mar 26, 2016
Somerset
Hi Not Applicable...

What do you reckon...should i do it?

Cheers
Huffcap

Well, all I can say is that I did it and I am happy with it. The downpipe changes the tone slightly but doesn't make it any louder particularly. The remap is the game-changer!

With this setup I can mollify my wife that I am not a boy racer, but still keep my 16 year old son happy who keeps asking me to rev-bomb the tunnels :D

Last edited:

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
Well, all I can say is that I did it and I am happy with it. The downpipe changes the tone slightly but doesn't make it any louder particularly. The remap is the game-changer!

With this setup I can mollify my wife that I am not a boy racer, but still keep my 16 year old son happy who keeps asking me to rev-bomb the tunnels :D

Hi Not Ap

Thanks for your reply..i reckon i will go for it! The set-up seems the perfect compromise... l love my Res Milltek Catback ..but it's only 1 decibel or so above stock.. so one could argue a bit pointless!..but it must make the engine breathe better etc.. but i don't notice any real tonal difference. With my mods i'm pushing 375-380 bhp...what's your set-up give?

I do feel however i could do with a tad more growl!!, also how much difference do you feel the stage 2 makes over stage 1, you say it's a game changer... what percentage difference do you think it gives?

Cheers Huffcap

NotApplicable

Newbie....at my age?????
Mar 26, 2016
Somerset
The game changer is because there are now very few cars on the road that are a challenge. The step from stock to Stage 1 is repeated when you go Stage 1 to Stage 2. When I give it welly with the wife in the car, she grabs the door handle and gets aerated!

If you want to know what you can get out of a Stage 2, you should look to AndrewJB. I think he is at 420bhp or thereabouts.

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
forgot to add
I've heard that if you have a manual gearbox you may have to have the clutch uprated to handle the Stage 2 power! what's your version?

NotApplicable

Newbie....at my age?????
Mar 26, 2016
Somerset
Sachs. Not sure of exact model because VRS in Northampton (ask for Will) fitted it. It's heavier than the normal clutch, but you get used to it in no time. Not had any problems with clutch slip since.

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
Hi NotA
It's me, Huffcap again!.. I've got to the point where I'm probably going to upgrade my exhaust to the Milltek Downpipe and Sports Cat. I know you have this, and your perfectly happy about it not being too noisy. As you may remember I'm really fussy about too much noise and lost loads of dosh on my previous exhaust purchase. I now have the Milltek Resonated Catback which i find great, although some say too quiet!. In your experience do you think l will find the MillteK DP and Hi Flo Cat ok? My research shows it's only slightly than stock D/P and sports cat and shouldn't bother me too much. I just don't want to make the same mistake again...
Appreciate your help again on this
cheers
Huffcap

NotApplicable

Newbie....at my age?????
Mar 26, 2016
Somerset
Hi NotA
It's me, Huffcap again!.. I've got to the point where I'm probably going to upgrade my exhaust to the Milltek Downpipe and Sports Cat. I know you have this, and your perfectly happy about it not being too noisy. As you may remember I'm really fussy about too much noise and lost loads of dosh on my previous exhaust purchase. I now have the Milltek Resonated Catback which i find great, although some say too quiet!. In your experience do you think l will find the MillteK DP and Hi Flo Cat ok? My research shows it's only slightly than stock D/P and sports cat and shouldn't bother me too much. I just don't want to make the same mistake again...
Appreciate your help again on this
cheers
Huffcap
Sorry, HuffCap, I'm not on here very much at the moment - pressure of work and moving home and all that. God! You should see my to-do list for the garden!

Yes, I have the Milltek DP and Hi FLo Cat (EU approved, of course!) and I am very happy with it still. Never a pain but sometimes I just wind the windows down to listen.... as I hurtle about the country lanes - or even the occasional reflective (noise wise) building:drool:

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
If you go on youtube and type in leon cupra exhausts there is loads of videos comparing different systems. Hope that helps.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi All
Just purchased a Scorpion Resonated Catback exhaust for my Cupra ST 280. Sounds Awesome, but is much too loud for me in the car, and to be honest I'm not keen on some of the Boy Racer type attention it sometimes attracts. Also on Motorway journies it can become a bit tiresome! I was told not to buy a Milltek Resonated system as it's not much louder than stock, but to be honest l now wish l had. At my age (65!!) you want some creature comforts as well as fun. It's really difficult with exhausts to "try before you buy", so it's a bit of a risk if you don't, and YouTube clips are not very helpful and most are of Non Resonated systems!.. Anyway l digress, anyone else has this issue, and if they have a Resonated Milltek exhaust on their Cupra ST whats it like!! Not sure i'm allowed to do this on the forum, but I'll be selling the Scorpion for Half price and it's only a week old.
Cheers
Huffcap
As someone else has posted, I have the BCS Powervalve exhaust. It’s slightly louder than stock when driving slowly but you wouldn’t notice it inside the car. Give it a little beans and it’s nice, full throttle it’s awesome.

If your near the manchester area (or Norwich this bank holiday) I’d be happy to demonstrate it. It’s cheaper and better quality than a Miltek too. In fact it’s probably the best quality exhaust I’ve had on a car to date.

Edit: doh should of checked the date on the first post lol