fitting strutbrace but things in the way

torquesport

Lets Torque Diesel
Jan 19, 2008
Stone, Staffordshire
goin to fit my strut brace today am i correct that i have to drill my own 4 holes in the struts. also the bonnet sensor is in the way and the water bottle???

any ideas:shrug:

Gm8

Jun 13, 2007
Glasgow
there should be an extra hole for the alarm switch bolt , and it fit round the washer bottle fine on my 2l8v ?

ste4232

Jan 9, 2008
If it just missing hole for sensor mount, why not just drill hole in new strut brace?

ste4232

Jan 9, 2008
aaaarrrrrrrrr i see. Should fit straight on and not foul anything really. Prob best to send back and get propper one then!

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
the engine coolant is in the way ...and what i did is undo the bolt at the back ...loosen the bolt at the front, and turn the coolant tank a bit forward so there is enough clearence ...tighten the bolt at the front and the back bolt wont go through the coolant tank hole. but its tight, doesnt move at all. also the brake cap u need to loosen it and tighten it back up so its facing the back

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
the engine coolant is in the way ...and what i did is undo the bolt at the back ...loosen the bolt at the front, and turn the coolant tank a bit forward so there is enough clearence ...tighten the bolt at the front and the back bolt wont go through the coolant tank hole. but its tight, doesnt move at all. also the brake cap u need to loosen it and tighten it back up so its facing the back

Thats exactly what i had to do with the coolant bottle and i dont have a bolt at the back as it wouldnt go. So i put a cable tie throught both holes for extra piece of mind. I just had to move the wiring that goes to the top of the brake bottle cap as it was slightly in the way. Just turned it slightly to the left.

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
Thats exactly what i had to do with the coolant bottle and i dont have a bolt at the back as it wouldnt go. So i put a cable tie throught both holes for extra piece of mind. I just had to move the wiring that goes to the top of the brake bottle cap as it was slightly in the way. Just turned it slightly to the left.

;) i know mate, its in an old thread ;) think i got it from u tbh

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members