Spec Stg3 Clutch Issues

jamiebennett81

Hello, i got that clutch kit and although it works amazingly, really light yet progressive pedel feel, it does rattle like an aposlute b@stard. Even had one passenger look around continueusly as she was convinced there was a scooter around us while creaping through traffic. ha ha.

Dont worry mate, excellent clutch and excellent conversion. :)

Kind Regards

Garry
Cam and Exhaust Development

thanks mate

out of interest, have you noticed the clutch pedal feeling a lot lighter, or is it just me?

and yes it does drive very nicely, even in its bedding in stage, so i can't wait to see what it's like when its all run in

PiperRS

Exhaust and Camshafts
Yes, its feather light mate. Compared to the standard one which is really heavy :)

Although its a lighter peddle i find the feel is better. Can feel whats going on.

Just have to live with that bloody rattle :( Still, its a price worth paying knowing it wont ever slip :D)

Regards

Garry

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
thanks Sarah, but this is certianly not the usual noise, this is definitely some form of mechanical fault - and it is pointing towards the clutch at the moment

have to see what TTRS say next Fri when they investigate it....

bet its the supplied release bearing... makes more noise from the input shaft chatter from being single mass not damped dual mass = normal for a Spec supplied release bearing.
It wont be alignment if its not judder.

noise and chatter on idle on smf is normal and not a fault but a "feature" :p

jamiebennett81

oh well, have to live with it....I am sure the 300bhp or so will make up for it :D

jamiebennett81

bet its the supplied release bearing... makes more noise from the input shaft chatter from being single mass not damped dual mass = normal for a Spec supplied release bearing.
It wont be alignment if its not judder.

noise and chatter on idle on smf is normal and not a fault but a "feature" :p

thanks Bill....I must have missed this great "feature" when I was reading up on it:D:lol:

does this "feature" cost extra then?:ban::bleh:

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
thats one of the best explanations I have ever heard on a car related issue:funk::cartman::D

its all clear now:bleh:

But you understood it
It is easy when you use the food way , everyone understands food

Come on Jason , you know I never have a luch break , too happy in my job
Sarah

jamiebennett81

on a different note, when can I start to put my foot down, as don't want to damage the clutch

few hundred miles before I plant my foot?

caveo

I was told 400 miles by jbs, but just one question how do you drive to bed a clutch in ? do i change carefuly and then am i ok to give it some beans or is a case of build up the power slowly???

caveo

I never realy do fast starts but i do boot it coming off roundabouts etc.. as you do lol!

jamiebennett81

Does that mean you've been out giving it max today??

lol no!

I have been building it up slowly

but it is still very jerky in 1st/2nd gear so I am not accelerating hard at all in those gears or trying to do 1/4 miles in tescos car park:p

just accelerating slightly hard during gears, but only mid range, not taking it to the red line at all till I put a god 500 miles or so on the clutch

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members