Anyone fitted sportlines on facelift FR...

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
i put sportslines on mine witht e std 17s then went up to 18s.

No issue with 17s. And only issue i had on 18s was in cumbria on some fairly shitty roads. speed bumps ar no issue i do tend to becareful going over them as got the triple r splitter on too.

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
i put sportslines on mine witht e std 17s then went up to 18s.

No issue with 17s. And only issue i had on 18s was in cumbria on some fairly shitty roads. speed bumps ar no issue i do tend to becareful going over them as got the triple r splitter on too.

Brilliant, cheers for the info. Will be fitting mine I'm the next week or so :thumbup:

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
the rears are a peace of p!ss. Fronts a gits but doable.

When youve finished id lower the front wheels onto some wood or a brick. as when i lowered mine back down the car sat lower than the lowest level of my car jack lol and couldnt get it out.

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
the rears are a peace of p!ss. Fronts a gits but doable.

When youve finished id lower the front wheels onto some wood or a brick. as when i lowered mine back down the car sat lower than the lowest level of my car jack lol and couldnt get it out.

I'll have mine up on the ramp at work so shouldn't be much of a problem. I've had a look and only looks like a few bolts at the top and a few at the bottom.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Well you put the torx in and a lot of the time they just spin. So if it had a nut on the attachments you could put a spanner on and stop it from spinning but it's oval shaped so you have to get some strong grippers on to stop it from just spinning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Yeah rears are literally one bolt.

Depends what tools you have. I got a mate at my dealership to for and took about 2 hours in total. Whereas somebody on their drive will take longer.

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
I'm a mechanic so the tools and equipment isn't a problem. Just havnt worked on my own car n don't wanna miss any common problems people have had lol

Cheers for the info :thumbup:

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Depends how you want to do it. Some people keep the hub attached to the drive shaft and just take the top half out but as we found then we change the wheel bearing on mine it can be quite tuff so guy who did mine took the whole shocker out with the hub attached.

Sure you will be alright.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.