New clutch slipping after remap

clag

Dec 28, 2016
Hi all.

I had my leon fr 150 remapped. I was expecting it to slip tbh as the car has 112k miles on it so it came as no surprise really.

Had the clutch, pressure plate and flywheel replaced with OEM sachs along with a new slave cylinder while it was all off.

The new clutch slips. At anything more than half throttle over 2k rpm.im not hooning it, i know it does need to bed in. I found out trying to accelerate on a dual carriageway sliproad which goes uphill.

Is it just a case of bedding the new clutch in or do i need to get the map dialled back a bit?

Thanks

Last edited:

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Dude it completely depends on weather conditions, temperature. Try 5th or 6th gear at low rev then floor it. It's torque that kills clutches not bhp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clag

Dec 28, 2016
Yeah i know about the torque making it slip. What im wondering is if it is just the clutch needing bedding in, or if i need to get the mapper to dial the torque back a bit.

clag

Dec 28, 2016
Ive done a couple of hundred miles now on the new clutch. I made it slip a couple of times accidentally driving on fast roads, but it does seem to be getting better.

I did look at getting an uprated clutch but was advised that the pedal would be heavier, and that with just a remap the standard sachs one should cope fine.

Im hoping its just that it needs bedding in. The biting point is a fair bit lower than it was, so i guess the old one was about done anyway the map just finished it off.

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
I thought my clutch was going to, weather played a massive part to it, kicked my traction control in but the lag on it kicking in after my map made me the rev count slightly rise.

Today and yesterday's temperature meant I had decent grip and it didn't slip once from 50-130.

382bhp stock cupra mk3 clutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clag

Dec 28, 2016
I didnt notice it on the day i had it mapped because it was wet out and it just made the wheels light up as soon is i hit the throttle. This was at about 2k with it planted in 3rd or below.

Its not a major slip at all. It jumps a couple hundred rpm then catches up within a couple of seconds, plus the tc light doesnt come on. Im trying not to do it deliberately as i know ill kill the new clutch if it glazes over.

022VG0780 is the part number of the clutch supplied by GSF. Just hope its the right one or its the labour again :(

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.