hello

tucks

Nov 20, 2017
London UK
Howdy. I've owned 2 leon Mk1's over the last 12 years. Looking to upgrade soon... always looking for advice!

I know this question will probably reveal me as a complete novice (I know next to nothing about cars, I just know I like Leons)!

My 1.6 Leon mk1 from 2003 is starting to have more problems than I think are worth fixing, so I'm looking to replace it soon.
probably with something secondhand and from cheap end of the market!
I know that engine technology has change a fair bit since 2003 so I wondering whether I should be able to consider getting a lower capacity engine. Can anybody (for example) tell me how a TSI 1.2 Leon from 2010 would compare to my 1.6 Leon Mk1? Would I notice a lack of power ? (or even an improvement?!) ...and how about 1.4

Any advice appreciated or any pointers on where I can read up on this...

Thanks Seat Friends!

Last edited:

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
My advice is to point you in the direction of a nearly new Ibiza Cupra 1.8 TSI. There should be plenty of choice for less than £15k. At that price there is nothig to touch it for performance, practicality, comfort, efficiency(40+mpg) and reliability. You won't find any complaints about it on this forum but only plenty of happy owners. :1st:

tucks

Nov 20, 2017
London UK
Thanks for your reply.
I'm gonna need something bigger than an Ibiza... my family is growing!

Currently weighing up Skoda Octavia or Leon ST (but gotta say not that keen on the look of the new Leons) or maybe a hybrid..

Why are Seat not making any hybrids yet? Dissapointing.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.