Brummy's MkII Golf...Retro fun...

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Cheers mate. I know the feeling. Everything takes time you don't have :( As and when you can, there's no rush :)

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Ive got to take a couple of snaps of it anyway as the Ins Co. im with have asked for them to keep on record. :shrug: might be something to do with it being a classic car ins. and them not wanting it to deviate too far from standard.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
5b5gtd.jpg

e7gq4p.jpg

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
:drool: I'd love to live in your road. Thanks :)

I still think the ibiza looks lower, apart from the front bumper of course :p Golf wins that easily... 2 very nice motors there Brum :thumbup: :)

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
It does look fun when my eldest pops up with his Bora slammed on the deck running Porsche twists . the neighbours are used to my car(s) being low now ,and the fact im forever changing rims etc

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
It does look fun when my eldest pops up with his Bora slammed on the deck running Porsche twists . the neighbours are used to my car(s) being low now ,and the fact im forever changing rims etc

...I'm guessing you don't live in a 20mph zone? :lol: You'll have to get a pic of all three now, just to see them all together :drool:

Actually, you might be the man to ask... Stretch on Super Turismo's... Has it, can it be done? What do you think of the idea? If my ibiza stays, wheel refurbing + lowering is next on the to do list.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
never knowingly seen a Super T with stretch.. tbh, only Rims i had stretched tyres on are the cookies.. but they may be re rubbered due to the arches on the golf's being different to the ibiza

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Hmmm, might be one for the list then :think: I was only thinking a bit of stretch, 185's on (IIRC) a 7j wheel...? might be 6j. There wouldn't be any problems with that, would there? Just enough to get them in the arch :)

Keep up the good work :)

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
What year is this Mk2 from mate?? It's looking really smart for its age

My cousin had a Mk2 Golf Gti when i was younger and I thought it was unreal, brings back memories!

I'll keep an eye out for this thread ;)

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
J plate (91) :).. Ive always liked the Mk2 Golfs and this being in such good condition i couldnt refuse it.
got a few small ideas for it but there will be no major mods (at least for the forseeable )

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Classic Policy with Footman James. Fully Comp. with add on's thrown in such as breakdown cover, anti carjack /road rage cover and European breakdown cover too so much cheaper than the cupra its unreal !
:D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.