Deej's mk1 LCR 225

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Yeah really good thanks. Could really do with a rear anti roll bar so the handling can deal with the new power, and honestly I would love a new clutch and get a quaife diff fitted at the same time if I done that. Really be able to get those 300horses down then lol. What you running now?

Last edited:

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
Well 0 horses at the moment as I've had a big end failure. Conrods bent. It's probably down to the cheap map that was on the car when I bought it. But having all forged internals . New bearings , piston rings , hydraulic lifters . Then looking to maximise the potential of my new internals . First go stage 2 then perhaps later chase after the 400 mark .

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Right after a few weeks of fighting with a public liability insurance company it has been agreed that my car will be treated to a £2.5k wet sand detail including wheel and calliper refurbs. Curtesy of KDS in GIllingham. This was after some nugget decided to spray paint a building next to my car and cover in in tiny white dots of powder coat. She's booked for 20th September and will take a week. Can't wait for the results am very excited. Maybe the best example in the country afterwards ;-)

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Putting in an order this week to add to the mods:

10mm front and 15mm rear Hubcentric wheel spacers.

White line 24mm adjustable rear anti roll bar.

Forge red silicone upper boost hoses and turbo outlet hose.

Non resonated alloy turbo charge pipe.

Should have them all with me by the weekend!! :)

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
The goods arrived today apart from the arb that is out of stock for a few weeks.....

5uqujugy.jpg
yze5yjyh.jpg
a2yzy5yd.jpg

Shall be fitting this week. Stand by for before and after shots in the not to distant.

L14M H

Dec 7, 2013
What charge pipe is that mate? Car looks incredibly clean. Makes mine look dirty!! Ha.

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
It's a non resonated polished alloy from DPM performance.

Thanks mate, it's actually filthy currently as I can't be bothered before the detail next month!

Yours looks lovely too though, nice spec!

L14M H

Dec 7, 2013
Cheers. I'll look forward to your fitted pics and review. Ha I know that feeling. Too hot to give it a proper clean at the moment.

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Replaced the old charge pipe with a polished non resonated one and also a red forge turbo pipe to complete the boost hoses.
ymyvasez.jpg

7esy9uqe.jpg
8ajagete.jpg

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Spool up feels quicker and so far all seems to be good after a quick test drive this evening. There is a subtle noise difference in that you can hear the spool up more which is cool. Really happy with the work today.

Tomorrow I will fit my wheel spacers!

L14M H

Dec 7, 2013
Looks good mate. May look at doing the same to mine. Add a bit of colour.

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Another awesome black LCR. :) I need the time (and decent weather) to give mine a proper clean... although i'm technically trying to 'polish a turd' as the paint is terrible in places... needs a respray. :)

Keep up the good work dude!

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
Thanks mate appreciate it. Been busy again today fitting my wheel spacers. FK Hubcentric 15mm rear and 10mm front.

Before:

desedy6a.jpg

And after:

jequja2e.jpg

5uta5y3y.jpg

And the front before:

yvudu8ed.jpg

And after:

bavyve4e.jpg

ere8e2e9.jpg

Much better stance and fills the arches nicely :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members