Josh's MK1 LCR Wellycooler Fitted!

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Josh's MK1 Leon Cupra R 225

Few more little updates, the wheels are no longer being done in the quartz, they are now being in ford moo dust silver or something. I've only done one and haven't got a photo yet. The car does now have 3 different shades of wheel paint though as the spare will stay that quartz.

This is the colour they will be.

This was delivered, so started degreasing and sanding it.

I did it in wrinkle black vht, rubbish picture but it's come out pretty well, few smooth areas but I'll sort it tomorrow. It's still wet here too.

This was yesterday's and today's little project.

Removing the paint took ages! Must have cooked it being under the bonnet for 9 years!

Finally fitted with a polish using a drill, a metal buffing pad and some autosol. For a first time I'm really chuffed! I'll get it off at some point because I'm going to spray the hook for the hoses black, and the charge pipe support black.

Also spotted this, I know I've got a leak but pretty sure it's not from here.... Got to forge tomorrow for the black set if they've got them in. May get some more too as it's payday :)

Finally, I look like a taxi driver of chav because I've ordered the wrong colour! More on their way though so don't worry!

Oh, standard legal plates went on as I got pulled. Gayyyyyy

That's it for now, I'll slow time get the wheels done and I've STILL got a leak coming from n/s/f door! They're sealed ott with silicone, only thing I haven't tried is the door seal blocking the drain.... Any ideas as it worked on the driver door and I sealed all 4 on my tdi!

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Well I sold the wheels and now the owes me £159. (Not including the £35 for 2 weeks insurance, but including the steels). It's had 3 people interested and it hasn't even been advertised anywhere, just word of mouth. It's a 2001 1.6 16v, 93k FSH and 4 months t&t. I've sealed the drivers door as best I can with silicone, now there are just the handbrake sensor to change, top mounts and a track rod to do. (All these bits I've got as spares from the FR). Also it needs a new rear door lock which is going to be a horrible job! Going to do that this weekend and have a look underneath as it's survived the 230 mile journey to Cornwall.
The plan is to tidy it up and sell it on. Should get close to doubling my money if I bother with the door lock. Cupra r has been sat on the drive for a while to save mileage and fuel, but I appreciate it so much more after driving this.

Sent from my iPhone

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Spent another £40 on the silver one. I replaced the ARB bushes and an abs sensor, and put some nearly new top mounts and bearings in it. Also changed a track rod end due to a mistake by me, had to angle grind it off that was fun at 2200 last night! ARB bushes and abs sensor came to just under £20 and a brand new rear lock module was £20. So, hopefully I only have to spend another £20 on it for the tracking and it'll be sellable. That will mean it owes me £220, so I'll probably only make about £200-£250 on it. Just got a garage on the base too, so that'll be the workshop lol, might have a go at re spraying the silver bonnet if I can be bothered.
The fun stuff, just bought some Bora aero arms and wipers for £12 :funk:. Not spending any more on any of them other than what I've stated.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Well, today I managed to purchase another double din console so should be able to tidy it up a bit and sell on. Also, I'm in the middle of buying a 3rd car! It's a Ford Focus ghia I believe, 1.6 16v on an 02. Long story short, it's been stood for about 4 months as some of you may know I and friends go away a lot with work, and the lad who owns it has gone away again, and just before he went he tried to move it, found one of the callipers was seized and that the aux belt had snapped! I swooped in with the offer of £150 and he said yes! Should be getting the keys tomorrow, so the plan is to break it as it has full leathers etc, and scrap it! should see a couple of hundred out of it. Elephant also messed up my payments, with insuring the silver Leon as a temp car on my policy, so they've refunded me a months insurance and also refunded the £35 I spent on insuring the 1.6 for 2 weeks! I also blagged a discount on my next renewal on the LCR which is only £527 any way! Chuffed. On the look out for an e36 323/328 for a quick banger to learn how to drift it. ^^ Obviously my quote from the last post about spending on cars is irrelevant now lol. Josh.

Last edited:

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
The silver Leon has gone, sold to a mate cheap. Made £100 and two nearly new Michelin pilot sport 3's. Also little bits of trim mine needed. Now it's the focus phase.

Sent from my iPhone

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
mate your turning into a right little auto trader. The money your making though, is free mods for the LCR ;)

I know man! Already got another car on the cards too, oh how I miss the pd's torque ;) there is a clue! I think he'll want more than I'm willing to pay though! I'm sad to say it but the LCR is taking a back seat at the moment because I'm 22 and have a massive craving for a house all of a sudden. It'll slowly get there though, next big mod will be either a fmic or the best tip Bill does, might be a tip as I want to book her in for a smoke test as I've got a squeel. Stand by for some dis mantled ford pictures on Tuesday lol. I see your tdi will be going to a new owner soon! Hopefully they look after it half as well as you have, still was my favourite cupra/fr tdi on here!

Sent from my iPhone

L14M H

Dec 7, 2013
Cheers for your reply in my RR mate. Do you hVe any other pics of your LCR with the 20mm rear spacers?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Liam, here is a couple of pics of the 20mm spacers on the rear. I really need to buy a decent camera for some photos!

Done quite a lot without updating this. I've done a few little bits like de-rusting the fuel tank straps and beam and painting them and putting the LED numberplate lights in.

Here is some of the bigger stuff with pictures, starting with cleaning, respraying and resetting the TB.

Idle was Definitely improved, still a few flat spots though but next week the new plugs and cylinder head cover are being fitted with a new seal.
Next up is something needed for my planned stage 2 later this year! I spoke to Bill about it first when I picked it up and he said there was not a massive difference between the V2.2 and the cheaper V3, so I opted for the V3 to save £65 and for the slightly easier fitment. I did a power run on the way back from Bills and got 199 g/s with the piperx filter, and the next day I got 215 g/s with Bills tip fitted, so an improvement but a slightly over reading MAF.

Really impressed with the fitment, and IMO the rumours that they're a pita to fit aren't true, was quite easy I think.

Next up is a wellycooler with 63mm bends welded (as advised by Bill) to keep my fogs. I WILL NOT be putting red piping or any of that noise at the front of the car, as I still want to keep the OEM look as far as possible.
Brembo's had a spruce up, so did the rears. Started with Nitro Mors, but this was taking ages so I got the angle grinder out.

Only one pic beforehand but there are pictures in earlier pages of what they looked like.
Paint and stickers.

lacquered up and wheel on.

Rears.

Ignore the 3 different wheel colours, I've got in contact with someone to refurb the 4 daily ones next week.
Other news, the Focus is stripped and ready to scrap (been let down 2 times with transport) and the LCR in this pic has the interior in the back ready to bring back to Gloucester tomorrow for someone. So, that's why it's dragging arse.

I fitted new rear exhaust brackets and bushes, and straightened it and I think it fits 99% as it should in the recess now.

Fitted one of these shims too, £9.10 with trade and it's solved a slight whine and 3rd gear clutch creep! Ideal.

Also had some welding lessons last night off a mate, doesn't look like it but this is my welding 2 pieces of 5mm steel! It was after a few attempts and quite an easy weld but something I will follow up on when I'm back from my 3rd holiday later this month.
Few pictures of mates and Leon's. 4 of us, all good mates have them now, there is my LCR Ash's FR tdi (my old one) Niall's red FR+ and Pauls pre facelift cupra. No pictures of the pfc but I'll no doubt get some.

Being naughty on a forklift whilst doing some work.

That's it until next week, enjoy.