My 08 Candy White Cupra

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Hi Dan hope your well, from what I've been told(spoke with Dave at sere) the D would be better for lifespan when she's mapped. Best price I can find for a D is £39 delivered stealers wanted £60 lol. Can't seem to find a reasonable price for a G.Is there anywhere you can recommend.

Cheers

Craig

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
SCN member Locky has very kindly done a photoshop on my wheels. Originally I chose the custom gunmetal grey but having seen her with gloss black rims I have to admit it looks sweet. So guess the black is what I'll get them done in.

image_zps19204dfa.jpg

image_zps99f6979e.jpg

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I would stick with your original idea. They look great grey. Plus everyone with a modded white Leon has gloss black lol.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Yeah that's what my thought was but finding it hard to make my mind up. Lol the other half does say I'm indecisive.Think I might just flip a coin when I drop it off otherwise I'm going around in circles(no pun intended).

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
I'd like to change mine to the colour I posted up of my other rims, but my car has black detailing so it all ties in. That's why I'll be keeping mine black when I get them refurbed.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Your Skoda rims do look smart,as your aware my grill and mirrors are gloss black and I'm going to be fitting the tripple r deffuser so the wheels in black would all match.Slightly ocd I know plus looking at both colours on mine the black makes the calipers pop a bit more imo.You done any more on the build lee?

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Gearbox is coming out tomorrow to fix the leak then should be back in tomorrow too and MOT time hopefully before Christmas. I'm a little the same with things, ocd slightly ha ha

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Sounds good she should fly through the MOT I'm sure, least you can get a few beers down you over Christmas for the right reasons knowing your hard work has paid off good lad :cheers:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Cheers David think that's the colour I'm gonna choose my soon to be wife prefers it with black and if I'm honest so do i. But still good to know she is onboard makes life easier lol.Once there done it will have a set of Eibach sportlines fitted

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
I think save yourself a refurb, buy my black BBS in the for sale section and sell your current silver wheels ;) we're local too haha

Image1.jpg

Last edited:

RMJ

If in doubt, bodge it!
Mar 23, 2014
Winsford, Cheshire
Looking good so far mate, always had a soft spot for white mk2's but wouldn't like to think about the insurance on one! Also you're just up the road from me, will have to keep an eye out for you! :)

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Cheers mate yeah pain in the butt keeping it clean but worth it. Go through your place most days to work in Broughton.Got my facelift wiper arm on the way. Plus some 3m carbon wrap to do the front and back badges. Going to do the Cupra lettering also but can see it being a nightmare.

RMJ

If in doubt, bodge it!
Mar 23, 2014
Winsford, Cheshire
Unlucky you then mate, must be traumatising for you! Wouldn't wish winsford on anyone! Haha, me personally, I'd just plasti dip them, cheap and dirty way of doing it, but then again the carbon looks much better!

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Ha ha lol.Yeah have thought of that if I make a poor job of the vinyl.But as you say the carbon look would be nice.Once my wheels are done I'm going to get a set of Eibach sportlines to sort the ride height out.

RMJ

If in doubt, bodge it!
Mar 23, 2014
Winsford, Cheshire
Sounds good mate! Hopefully have it sitting pretty :D ride height could be worse though, could be a mk4 ibiza, gives land rover ground clearances a run for their money! Haha

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise