MAP sensor question

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
Wondering if anyone can help me. Am just in the process of fitting a fmic :clap: and have ordered the MAP housing tube from forge but might be a week till i get it. Question is is the car able to be driven without this MAP sensor connected in the meantime or is it dangerous to do so? :confused:

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
Thanks for that, Already taken the old smic off and its mounted on that so the wire connection is just hanging around now(didn't think it would take long tyo come from forge)not a problem will just leave it parked up till the tube arrives. Thanks for the warning DPJ.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Did the LC FMIC not have the MAP sensor tube as part of the FMIC. I remember there was a bit of an issue with the ports being the right sizes for the sensors

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
No its a universal fmic that i have fitted so have had to take the map sensor off the old smic and order the mounting tube from forge and build that into the pipework.

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
Yeah was looking at that last night when it was going dark. The wire seems to meet the headlight wires behind the passenger side light cluster so i was relieved to see i had more to play with than i thought.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.