Low mileage and service intervals

front seat driv

I have a September 2007 FR TDI, which for various resaons is very low mileage (8.7K). The second sheduled service would normally be due around the 20K mark but I only had the 1st service done in March 2009 (this was overdue).

What should I do? Do I get it serviced in September anyway to ensure that the warranty stays intact? Or do I wait?

I was worried that I may have invalidated the warranty when the 1st service was 6 months late but SEAT emailed me to advise that only items that are checked during the 1st service would be excluded if they were found to be defective. Fotunately, everything was OK.

front seat driv

Is there anyone out there with apersonalexperience of this? Or even an opinion?

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
Some 2 year items are age related and not mileage dependent-and so far as warranty is concerned it is reasonable for Seat to set the schedule on a time/mileage basis if you expect them to rectify any faults. Otherwise they have no means of knowing if a car has been looked after or neglected.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I have experience of this. I have had cars that have got to the ripe old age of 5 years old with only 17-19k miles on them.

You need to get them serviced every year regardless of how low the mileage is. you also need to get the brake fluid changed every 2 years regardless. Not forgetting that you need to get the cam belt replaced after 4 years regardless.

It makes you think, my last car (Ibiza FR 1.8T petrol) had a cam belt due at 17k miles, my old mk3 Cupra had the 4 year service and cam belt done at 13k miles and before that I had a mk3 1.6 sport that was on only 8k miles at 2 years old.

I think my Leon will prob be the same although it seems that the PX price for a low mileage car isn't that much better than a normal mileage one. I think I'm going to get some more fun out of the leon and not leave it in the garage so much.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.