Ipod Integration for New 2009 Leon Ecomotive SE

cazzi74

Hello,

I'm looking to upgarde to a new Leon Ecomotive SE. Just wondering if anyone knows what the Ipod integration feature is like? Does anyone have one? Do the Track Titles appear in full on the dash display? Just wondering because my brother had a VW Golf a couple of years back and the Ipod feature didn't do this.

Thanks

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
As far as I am aware the ipod cable that you plug into the USB should display the track information............However the cable isn't yet available and wont be till the end of August.

I have emailed Seat as I want the cable for my new FR and they sent this back to me only today:

Dear Mr G........,

Thank you for your recent email.

I have attached for your information the iPod cable part number and details. I have also supplied a link below to a photograph of the actual product on our SEAT website so that you can ensure this is the item you require.

Part Number: 000051785B
Description iPod Cable
Model Application: Altea, Altea XL and Leon 2009
Detail: This cable allows the factory music interface to connect with your iPod.
Price (RRP): £ 55.00

http://www.seat.co.uk/generator/su/uk/SEAT/site/Service/original-accessories/main.html

You can order this through S G Petch, if you give them the part number they should have no problems finding it on the system. They should be available to order from the end of August.

I hope you find this information useful.

Regards

SEAT Customer Advisor
SEAT National Contact Centre

cazzi74

Thanks for the info! Would you mind letting me know once you've got yours working?

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
Of course I'll be getting mine as soon as I can and will see what it can do

I'd love it if I can hook it up to my iPhone 3GS to play music while it's also hooked up to the bluetooth [B)]

treehugger

Sep 15, 2006
North Suffolk
Hi
This looks exactly the same cable as the one in the Golf GTD demonstrator I had last month. If it is the same then I can confirm that the iphone 3GS does work well and all of the information on the ipod comes up on the screen etc. I couldn't check the bluetooth function as it wasn't fitted on the car. HTH

cazzi74

Hi
This looks exactly the same cable as the one in the Golf GTD demonstrator I had last month. If it is the same then I can confirm that the iphone 3GS does work well and all of the information on the ipod comes up on the screen etc. I couldn't check the bluetooth function as it wasn't fitted on the car. HTH

Cheers! Does your GTD have a larger dash display than the standard spec?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.