How to tell if your K1 is Real

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Interesting I've been trying to find something like this for ages going to look at a K1 Saturday but not 100% it is a real one. As it does not have the centre exhaust exit and pretty sure you can't get a K1 in grey? Thanks for this info: defiantly sticky material ;)

If it hasn't got a centre exit exhaust mate, I'd say it's not a K1 mate, sorry.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
If it hasn't got a centre exit exhaust mate, I'd say it's not a K1 mate, sorry.

its not SEAT UK have confirmed all their Original K1's left with Centre exit exhausts! The only way it could be is if somebody has swapped it to dual's but thats unlikely

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Just found another way,

If you go onto Seat.co.uk and click on the SEAT insurance services page, and get a quote it asks you for your registration number. ive just gone through ever "K1" on ebay and entered the registration numbers for about 7 or 8 of them it came up as a "Cupra K1", I also entered the registration of the original car SEAT UK used for promo pics and this also came up as a "Cupra K1", For some of the other ebay "K1" it just came up as "Cupra"

grats K1

thanks for that I know mine is genuine as I have lost 3 jacking point covers so far now using silicon sealant to hold them on lol

insamoufonyx

"real" or "fake", it's still just a crappy bodykit...
popcorn.gif

Ah the voice of a man with a normal cupra lol. :happy:

Personally im looking at getting at getting a cupra but personally i don't think il get one unless its a k1 i think the normal ones look turd lol.

Useful bit of info this is, will be good when im looking at them so i can confirm if there original.

Deleted member 53697

Ah the voice of a man with a normal cupra lol. :happy:

Personally im looking at getting at getting a cupra but personally i don't think il get one unless its a k1 i think the normal ones look turd lol.

I could have had a K1 (would probably have saved me a lot of money too!) but all the ones I saw were pre-facelift and the interior on pre-facelift cars is terrible...

K1 side cills look better than no side sills I guess and the fake vents over the rear wheel arches look nice too but the front bumper is ****ing 'orrible and the centre exhaust screams "LOOK AT ME I'M DIFFERENT!!!"

insamoufonyx

I could have had a K1 (would probably have saved me a lot of money too!) but all the ones I saw were pre-facelift and the interior on pre-facelift cars is terrible...

K1 side cills look better than no side sills I guess and the fake vents over the rear wheel arches look nice too but the front bumper is ****ing 'orrible and the centre exhaust screams "LOOK AT ME I'M DIFFERENT!!!"

il give you that the mk2.5 interior is a whole new level of awesome but unforchantly not in my price range, love all the bumpers on the k1 but not a center exhaust fan, first job would be changing it to twins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 53697

il give you that the mk2.5 interior is a whole new level of awesome but unforchantly not in my price range, love all the bumpers on my k1 but not a center exhaust fan, first job would be changing it to twins.

Gud plan. How much you looking to spend?

insamoufonyx

Gud plan. How much you looking to spend?

not too sure exactly yet, i dont have a set budget as per say but i know the 2.5's are more than i want to spend ideally. ive been having a look across piston heads, ebay and autotrader and you seam to be able to pick up sorta 08 age on a pretty low mileage for about £12500 so something around that really.

Deleted member 53697

For comparison mine is facelift 10 plate with stage 2+ and loads of extras and a few other cool bits and I only want £16,000...
I think you should be looking to pay no more than £12,000 for a basic 08 plate with anything over 25,000 miles

insamoufonyx

For comparison mine is facelift 10 plate with stage 2+ and loads of extras and a few other cool bits and I only want £16,000...
I think you should be looking to pay no more than £12,000 for a basic 08 plate with anything over 25,000 miles

yeh unforchantly £16k is a bit much for me to be spending at the minute as ive got 3 cars anyway ha. cant seam to find any quite that low for £12k more like 35k

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo

have you thought about selling your mods seperatly i think your going to struggle to get £16k for modified cupra.

GazEP3

Missing the vtec yo :(
Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
Why does it matter if the kit was fitted at the docks or at the dealership??? As long as they're genuine parts and painted/fitted to a good standard it makes no odds where it was fitted. Essentially they're the same car so why the big fuss?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
it matters to some people, Some people want to know that their K1 is real

If you went out to buy a MK5 Bocanegra and actually found out after you had bought a cupra with a Boc kit stuck on it wouldnt you feel a little bit pi55ed?

GazEP3

Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
it matters to some people, Some people want to know that their K1 is real

If you went out to buy a MK5 Bocanegra and actually found out after you had bought a cupra with a Boc kit stuck on it wouldnt you feel a little bit pi55ed?

Not really as long as the price was right no!! The only real difference is the black mouth and the stitching on the seats

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland

If I spent the money buying a boc over a standard cupra, I wouldn;t be pi55ed off, I'd want my head read.

700-1k more for a stupid black bit on the bumber and some B logos. No thanks :lol:

Jan 3, 2011
I think it's just the point of having something which original such as the astra VCR racing easy to copy but it the fact you know you have the genuine article,
Same as buying knock off gucci watch and really it says pucci lol!!

GazEP3

Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
The scenario.... you're at a stealer looking at 2 cars, one had its kit fitted at the port and the other has had the kit fitted at the dealers up the road, why would you really care where the kit was fitted if it's been fitted by Seat technicians using genuine Seat parts? The car itself is the same when it comes off the ship! If the car looks good and the price is right go for it!

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
wots the fuss anyway.....k1 or not its a leon cupra.......no more powerful just more attractive to scumbag thieves,and more likely to get pulled by the fuzz....the fr leons got the k1 kit as option too so too many wannabe,s to be sure..if real or not

foxleyl

foxleyl
Jul 4, 2008
Truro, Cornwall
wots the fuss anyway.....k1 or not its a leon cupra.......no more powerful just more attractive to scumbag thieves,and more likely to get pulled by the fuzz....the fr leons got the k1 kit as option too so too many wannabe,s to be sure..if real or not

I think that's the main thing - the K1 doesn't look any more special than a ref sport with the kit. I'm not saying it's not nice but there's nothing truely unique about it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise