clutch duration

Jasonh85

Aug 9, 2014
How long does a clutch normally last as standard on a CR170 and how long if it's been Revo'd?

just gauging whether any upgrades are needed

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I've heard some people using the same clutch for 80k+ and should be fine on a stage 1 map.

People usually upgrade on stage 2.

My PD170 has 83k and I believe its on the original clutch still.

RicJames

Sep 28, 2014
Lancashire
This is a thought which I have had also. What kind of torque can the standard clutch cope with? I'm looking to take mine to stage 1 and don't really want to go as far as "New-Clutch" territory!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
How long does a clutch normally last as standard on a CR170 and how long if it's been Revo'd?

just gauging whether any upgrades are needed

There is no normal length of service for a clutch, there are far too many variables to affect the life of a clutch so to be able to give a lifespan is impossible.

You have to judge for yourself with how you drive, the history of the car, any modifications and how long you think may be left in it, if you think it's on borrowed time then start saving.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
I had never changed from my oem clutch, and i was shark stage 2 from 2k to 90k, clutch slipped twice in its lifespan. Car is definitely still running out there somewhere and i bet its still on the original clutch unless it was sold to some crack-head on the cheap.