Anyone fitted a eBay twintercooler (forge twintercooler copy)??

Apr 6, 2010
As above, they seem to be a good price and want to fit one to my stage 2+ cupra and was wondering whether this will do the job as good as a forge twintercooler?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I've not heard that many great reports on the Forge jobbie, so I can't see a cheap copy being a good choice. (I've never tried either so can't give you my own experience)

If you've got a stage 2+ Cupra why not look for the best system you can get, yes they are expensive but why cheap out on what's a fairly important piece of kit.

The main reason the kits are so expensive is due to the huge amount of R&D that goes into them making sure they are as good as they can be.

I took a fair amount of time before I settled on mine, but I'm so glad I didn't buy a cheapo kit.

Apr 1, 2014
'up anley duck'
I've not heard that many great reports on the Forge jobbie, so I can't see a cheap copy being a good choice. (I've never tried either so can't give you my own experience)

If you've got a stage 2+ Cupra why not look for the best system you can get, yes they are expensive but why cheap out on what's a fairly important piece of kit.

The main reason the kits are so expensive is due to the huge amount of R&D that goes into them making sure they are as good as they can be.

I took a fair amount of time before I settled on mine, but I'm so glad I didn't buy a cheapo kit.

No R&D went into the making of the wellycooler for the mk1 leon. That only costs £200 and is the best intercooler you can get.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2010
this is the one you want. when its back in stock in 20 days
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-G...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51bfa97bb8
its just the airtech & THS intercoolers for half the price.

or if you could get this with bigger diameter piping then would be great.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGE...=Model:Golf|Plat_Gen:MK+V&hash=item5ae933927f

Thanks for the reply, has anyone bought and fitted the intercooler in the first link?
Does it fit In front of the AC Rad or behind it like the standard one?
Is there any lag like the forge twintercooler or is performance lots better over standard?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.