Launch Control (ish) FR TDI

Haddock

Burning Oil @ 140
Mar 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Does anyone elses car feel like the front end is going to detach its self from the rear when you give the car lots of welly in 1st or 2nd? The car shudders all over the place.. breaks my heart lol

Axle Tramp?? Dont you just love it... VAG cars always seem terrible for it!

Chris

andylvzsam

Jan 15, 2013
South Wales
Hey guys I know it's a long time since anyone posted, I have a 2012 Leon 1.6tdi and it has the same thing, but revs Upto 2.5k. Once I release the clutch in 1st it pulls off with little wheel spin but feels like the perfect launch revs. Lots of debate regarding turbo spin and rev management. But I like to think it is launch control even though it's not a cupra or fr.
:p

RicJames

Sep 28, 2014
Lancashire
I have noticed this too, I've got a 2012 FR 2.0 Diesel, and wondered exactly why the revs always stop at 2.5k when stopped. If the car is moving, even slightly then red-line here we go, but if stationary, even after a drive of over an hour the limiter is still there when you stop.

Must admit though, I've never thought of trying to use it as a launch control, that maybe one for after work... ;)

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
It's not launch control on the manual only DSG it's simply a restriction to stop damage, most cars have it, my bmw did it, my audi does it... Both manuals

Hipwell

Jan 11, 2015
I guess 2500rpm is about where the car produces max torque?
So its a idea to stop damage and help off the lights :)

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Mine does it at 3k, but is a little excessive for a launch especially with a remap, the wheels spin and spin. I struggle to get the power down until I hit 3rd.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise