Front grill

nabba7862

Mar 1, 2016
Hi my front grill has a silver trim around I wanted to get it done black what would be the best thing to use?

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
I plasti dipped mine. Dead easy to do.
f84f868ffe60315a973ae0d39dea41f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
The chrome does come off the car which makes it so much easier... I vinyl wrapped mine.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
Word of warning on the removing the chrome though... If I could have got the chrome off without breaking all the clips I'd have wrapped mine too, but they'd all become really brittle with age so I didn't want to risk it.

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Word of warning on the removing the chrome though... If I could have got the chrome off without breaking all the clips I'd have wrapped mine too, but they'd all become really brittle with age so I didn't want to risk it.

I did break one of the clips off the side.. it is really fiddly and have to take great care.. I probably would go with the plati dip but will cost around 4 times the price of a piece of vinyl lol

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
Not cheap plasti dip in comparison to be fair. I started to take it off but bottled after breaking the first couple lol.

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
You dont have to take the chrome off to wrap it, you stick it to the back and use you're blade to cut it. Plastidips cheap whenever ive dipped stuff on many cars ive used a cheapo version called plastiflex I believe its called tenner including postage. When I get time to look in the garage im positive ive a few dipped grills you can have one no use to me

DiddlyDonker

Jan 3, 2015
North Wales
Can you Plastidip the surround whist it's still attached? Been wanting to get around to doing this for months but I broke one of the two clips on top of the surround and can't get it off now :(

Last edited:

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Can you Plastidip the surround whist it's still attached? Been wanting to get around to doing this for months but I broke one of the two clips on top of the surround and can't get it off now :(
Could do with a lot of masking... or plasti dip the whole grill which would probably be easier.

DiddlyDonker

Jan 3, 2015
North Wales
Could do with a lot of masking... or plasti dip the whole grill which would probably be easier.

I always assumed it wouldn't be possible or extremely fiddly due to the vents and that getting in the way and would look tacky and uneven if I wasn't able to get round the back to spray.

Interested if people have done this now.

Shawn-C-87

Dec 14, 2013
Edinburgh
1789e3aed69f2f857749f7d7b61e89e0.jpg

I'm wanting this deep style but can't find it for my car?? Guessing this won't fit a 2010 Leon?? Anyone know where I could get it if not??

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.