Dsg problems

Cumfy79

Jan 14, 2017
I asked this on another site and got zero answers anyone on here any advice.

I have a 62 plate 1.6tdi se Copa recently between 1st and 2nd there has been a shudder which is gradually getting worse. Having it inspected today I was told it needs oil filter and oil changed will this help or is there maybe something more to it. Tia

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
It will probably help, but DSG gearboxes are so complicated that it could be anything tbh.

I remember a episode of wheeler dealers where a simple oil and filter change sorted a porsche gearbox with even worse issues than yours, so fingers crossed.

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Yeah difficult one, could be a number of things, not sure what DSG box in the the mk2 1.6TDI (I have the manual)

I know I had some judder on take off when I first got my car and had clutch/DMF replaced under warranty.

There's a bit on the net about the DSG7 getting judder from 1>2 and it potentially being the clutch pack but I'm not really up on DSG and any issues they can get. Guess be good to know exactly which DSG box the mk2 1.6TDI uses to do some further digging.

Cumfy79

Jan 14, 2017
It's definitely the 7 speed but as far as I'm aware it doesn't need maintenance. I have warranty on the car till January so obviously I want to get to the bottom of it before then. I've been on loads of forums and searches but still can't get an answer on what's best for the gearbox in my car. I've even emailed Seat directly.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Wasn't there loads of problems with the DSG7 at one point? Dry clutch one? Sure there were some recalls and various bits around them having issues at some point or another.

If it's under warranty I'd be getting it back and getting it sorted asap just in case.

Try googling for dq200 issues (assuming it is indeed the dq200 in your car)

Possible the thread below may have something in it...

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/for...h-shudder-squeal-issues-thread-112515-15.html

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.