breather control valve - need to find correct part and revision (idle needling)

Jameze

Mar 9, 2008
Up Aberdeen Way
So after much research on this forum and volkswagon forum the random idle needling that is happeneing is apparently the breather control valve.

I came to this conclusion as there appears to be alot of pressure inside the engine and when you remove the oil cap you feel it.

I want to order the new part but am no mechanic so wanted to check with the "experts" first lol thats you guys btw :clap: to make sure i got the right part, it fits and is the correct revision (I read I want the G version as its the latest revision) Any help appreciated guys - i did alot of research - see info below - included all info for other people in my situtation.

My Engine:

2.0 TFSI (TSI)FR 1984 cc 16v DOHC Fuel Stratified Injection
147 kW (200 PS; 197 bhp)
@ 5,100–6,000 rpm 280 N·m (207 lbf·ft)
@ 1,800–5,000 rpm BWA 2006–2009

Replacement Parts: (got this info online)

Breather control valve - Part no
(06F 129 101 N) - £28.64 + vat
Gasket - Part no
(06F 103 483 E) - £13.58 + vat

Sources for part see below x 3: (This is the help i need to find a genuine part that is of the G category as i need the revised breather and o ring.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BREATHER-...6F129101N-AUDI-SEAT-VW-TFSI-GTI-/391040584295

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/awesome/oem-pcv-breather-valve-06f-129-101r/

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/VW-2-0t-FS...lf-GTI-EOS-BWA-Engine-06f-129-101-N/652786556

Instructions for job fix:

Job Info:

Tools
Torx socket tool T40
Flat head screwdriver or the like
Old Towel or paper

Start off with opening the bonnet :idea:

1. You will need to remove the engine cover. I don't have a picture of this as i didn't have one so that saved me some time.

2. Locate the Breather valve and unclip the two hoses connected to it. They are very simple fittings and just need a squeeze to unclip. Pretty self explanatory. It does help to have a socket set type Torx as one of the screws is quite awkward!

part after this - cam follower (A cam follower, also known as a track follower,[1] is a specialized type of roller or needle bearing designed to follow cam lobe profiles)

3. Unscrew all four Torx screws (T20) and pull the unit towards you.

4. Now use your flathead to prize out the gasket. Upon inspection i couldn't see any faults or wear in the gasket but changed it anyway as i had bought one. Wasn't really needed though! Press new one in and you should have something like this.

5. Now get your new unit out and simply refit it where the old one went. It self locates when you press it on which is rather helpful. It helps to put all four screws in prior to connecting the hoses as they get right in the way! I used paper towel as a safety net just in case i dropped a screw. Managed not to though!!

when your all finished will look like this...

It really was easy! i think it took about 5 minutes (bare in mind i had no engine cover)

ANY INFO APPRECIATED

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
If it misfires , revs search and go up and down then yeah id go with the pcv valve. Simple to change and is instant cure if its at fault

I had same issues go for it!

leon cupra rtech stage 2, 3inch turbo back , revo intake , r8 coil packs - 323bhp 333ft lb

Jameze

Mar 9, 2008
Up Aberdeen Way
If it misfires , revs search and go up and down then yeah id go with the pcv valve. Simple to change and is instant cure if its at fault

I had same issues go for it!

leon cupra rtech stage 2, 3inch turbo back , revo intake , r8 coil packs - 323bhp 333ft lb

I am defo going to do it but need to find and verify the g version of the part

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
N, P, R, etc are all just updated versions of the same part. R being the newest.

Jameze

Mar 9, 2008
Up Aberdeen Way
N, P, R, etc are all just updated versions of the same part. R being the newest.

I am having trouble finding the correct version of part as I cant tell the difference beween them.

Can you advise of a link that has the newest version of this part for the Leon tfsi FR as that is what I am really looking for, im not lazy, Im just really not sure which is right and dont want to buy the wrong part lol :confused:

I wish cars were as easy as computers as I wouldnt have any issues then lol

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/awesome/oem-pcv-breather-valve-06f-129-101r/

So this one is the cheapest......is this the newest revisioon of the part as I cant tell? ....................im trying but its not easy as jumping between multiple forums lol

Last edited:

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
06F129101R

Part number mate , awsome gti sell them with the seal.