EGR Sensor fault HELP!!!

neilbut1988

Feb 19, 2018
I'm having problems with my cr 140 fr leon. It's give 3 fault codes, the first is EGR temperature sensor G98 - signal to low, no signal communication. The second fault is EGR Sensor 1- implausible signal. And the third is EGR valve (n18) malfunction - open circuit. I have changed the EGR valve but the car is still put the engine management light on. Any help is massively appreciated!

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Faults showing for 3 components in the same system is more likely to be a wiring issue than component failure.

Also, have you had the emissions update done? They're giving a 2 year 'warranty' on the emissions system for vehicles that have had the update done.

neilbut1988

Feb 19, 2018
Faults showing for 3 components in the same system is more likely to be a wiring issue than component failure.

Also, have you had the emissions update done? They're giving a 2 year 'warranty' on the emissions system for vehicles that have had the update done.

Thanks, any advice on where to start? I brought the car in November 2016 and I have not had any updates done.

neilbut1988

Feb 19, 2018
Just abit of an update, I have found an area of the wiring loom that looks very strange. Just behind the battery where all the exhaust temperature sensors wiring joins the main loom is wrapped in black insulation tape instead of the black cloth type that the rest of the loom is wrapped in. Would this be a good place to start or is that normal?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise