Spy Shots of what they say is the New Cupra

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I still wonder if it's a test mule - it's the single centre exit exhaust that makes me wonder - that was on the concept I think and I don't think any of the current range have it (unless I'm wrong?)?

I don't think that's the final look, they've just used what they've got. Puzzled about why it's even badged though, and the lights and roof box.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Its part of the new kit, centre exit or a twin exit (one on each side) zorsts.

But this will be a mule, thats not a production Cupra. But no need to hide panels and stuff, its a car already in production in its lower spec guises, just stick a kit on it, whatever the Cupra is, it'll still have to conform to the current Leon tooling in terms of where stuff fits and bolts on.

I would expect to see differing body kit for the Cupra. The spy shots of the FR shown in the factory, show it sporting a different body style

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Just to add too, the original prototype had a TFSi engine in it, they already produce a Leon with a TFSi engine, so if they are testing a higher output version of that engine, nothing stopping it being put inside a boggo Leon shell.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
lol I was trying to do the same on those pics.

Interesting actually that the S3 was also spotted, so if it is a Cupra, are they out testing the higher output versions in 2wd and 4wd?

That S3 looked like it had just an s-line kit on it to me - so maybe that's the same, out testing the engines in the winter before the kit is ready...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise