What you need to install an aftermarket stereo in Mk2 Leon

leon_sport

I have sold my Leon now so just incase anyone is interested Ihave my Sony BT3800 as mentioned above, mounted into the SEAT mounting kit for aftermarket, and all the wiring gear for integration to steering wheel available. Just sat around collecting dust. Message me if anyone is interested!

Hi, you still got the lead and patch for the Sony? Is it a Connects2 CTSST001?

richardj5

Nov 21, 2010
Interior Colour

Can anyone help me identify my interior colour? Can this be done form the sevice book sticker with all the codes on etc.

I want to order a fascia but am not sure of colour code, it's silver, a dark silver it looks to me, not bright silver.

Theres loads on e-bay, but don't want to get the wrong one.

2006 2.0L TDI

Thanks for any help

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Can anyone help me identify my interior colour? Can this be done form the sevice book sticker with all the codes on etc.

I want to order a fascia but am not sure of colour code, it's silver, a dark silver it looks to me, not bright silver.

Theres loads on e-bay, but don't want to get the wrong one.

2006 2.0L TDI

Thanks for any help

Dont buy from ebay as it might be a mis-match, go to a dealer. The fascia is only £21 with clips, provide them with your VIN and they will give you an exact match for your car

Last edited:

richardj5

Nov 21, 2010
Dont buy from ebay as it might be a mis-match, go to a dealer. The fascia is only £21 with clips, provide them with your VIN and they will give you an exact match for your car

OK, so if I go in with these part numbers (from earlier post) and my VIN they should know what I'm talking about?

I want single DIN with a shelf below

Leon MK 2
1P2 858 063 - trim for RHD 2 DIN slot
5P0 857 232 A - black stowage shelf
1J0 858 137 B - clips you'll want 4-6 / 27p each

Intention is to install Pioneer DEH-X6000DAB (Love DAB, it's a must have for me!).

Then all I will need is the adpator for the sterring wheel controls correct? (Spec for Pioneer says it's compatable with adaptor)

Thanks again

Thanks again

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
You will need 10 clips. Phone Dave at Sere Motors and he will sort you everything for the best price. Id love to have DAB too but has to be double Din for me hate single now lol and yes will just need a steering control adaptor. Easily found on ebay

richardj5

Nov 21, 2010
You will need 10 clips. Phone Dave at Sere Motors and he will sort you everything for the best price. Id love to have DAB too but has to be double Din for me hate single now lol and yes will just need a steering control adaptor. Easily found on ebay

All ordered today from my local dealer, will be arrving Tuesday, he was pleased I had the part numbers!

Thanks again for your help

rackha

May 30, 2007
west midlands
Just fitting a unit with tmc. So unit has two arial ports. Do I need to connect both up if so I need a fakra adaptor to two arial ports. Haven't seen anything like that anywhere

Who. Me?

Mar 24, 2007
Hi

I'm considering swapping out the original HU from my '07 Leon Stylance. I ordered it with factory-fit bluetooth, so it's got the steering wheel with phone selection buttons.

I want to gain bluetooth streaming, but rather than bother trying to fudge it by changing the bluetooth unit and buying adaptors to make the red display work, I'm thinking of getting a Sony stereo with bluetooth and the remote app. That will give me give me sat nav and visual display of all the stereo functions on the phone at eye-level, rather than down on the stereo, which I think it an acceptable compromise for losing the info on the actual car display.

Question is - will any of the 'remote ready' stereos (and stalk adaptors) recognise the phone buttons on the Leon wheel and indicator stalk to work the phone functions (answer, voice dial, and switch mode on the wheel, scroll up, down on the indicator stalk etc)?

I don't want to lose the functionality of the wheel etc controls.

Cheers

Andy

Last edited:

Bert-NW

Apr 22, 2014
St Helens
Glad I found this thead. Made it much simpler ordering parts for me to fit my alpline.

I do love my new Leon but I not the standard head unit set up.

James86

May 11, 2014
Can anyone help me out with a steering wheel adaptor for my new Sony? I went to Halfords and they quoted me £90 for it!

Cheers in advance

Bert-NW

Apr 22, 2014
St Helens
So I have everything I need and brought an auto leads adaptor from ebay PC2-75-4 but when I turn the ignition on I the head unit does not power up at all. It has worked fine in my previous car. Is there something I need to to do wiring wise to get it working

James86

May 11, 2014
where are people getting their removal keys from? i've watched a video of it on youtube and the guy uses 4?!

FR.MAN

May 29, 2014
All

Looking to change my factory fitted stereo with an aftermarket double din JVC,
Am I right in thinking if i change the factory fitted stereo i will lose my factory bluetooth for handsfree?

Thanks All

FR.MAN

May 29, 2014
All

Looking to change my factory fitted stereo with an aftermarket double din JVC,
Am I right in thinking if i change the factory fitted stereo i will lose my factory bluetooth for handsfree?

Thanks All

Anyone??