Factory Fit iPod Connector Functionality

Beachender

Hi

I have a '57 Leon with the ipod connector under the drivers seat.

I have tried an ipod nano, a touch and an iphone and none are recognised by the car !!

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Hi

I have a '57 Leon with the ipod connector under the drivers seat.

I have tried an ipod nano, a touch and an iphone and none are recognised by the car !!

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers.

It could be a connection at the back.

I have the same set-up on my TT now and the generation 4 Nano definately works on that.

Would it be worth a trip to the dealers to get them to check it out?

crashbash

57 Leon. Ipod conn kit under driver seat.
I have tried Ipod classic and touch. Both work. Do try a 'gentle' positioning of the ipod. You will know when it has connected correctly. (Use the supplied adaptors help align it to the cannection).

Then on steering wheel push mode button until stereo says CDC (not CD).
There was nothing else I had to do to get mine working so return if that doesn't do it.
Good luck.
Crash!

crashbash

P.S. with the ipod touch, it was too long for the under seat door to close (which is why I chose classic instead).

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
I am to pick up a 2008 leon fr550 next week, will this have a aux plug as I could'ent find it under the seat, it did'ent look like anything would open under the seat thankyou

No_LiMiT

I have aux plug at rear ash tray.
Anyone knows where I can order cable that can be connected into ipod adapter (3.5mm on other side) since I don't have ipod and won't buy one any time soon.

hedgehog-harvey

Mar 7, 2010
i have the connection under my seat, but no cable left from the previous owner, any idea where i can get one from?

Last edited:

druddle

I want that one........
Aug 7, 2003
Berkshire
Hi all
I have just bought a 57 plate FR, and it has the AUX in connector by the handbrake but in the box under the passenger seat there is nothing, no Ipod connector or dock and no USB connector.
Anyone know if I can retro fit it easily ?
Dave

sialdo

Jun 9, 2010
Chester
How does an iphone/touch fit in their-I know it was previously mentioned about them being too long, but mine seem to be too wide, can I take out the wire from behind and bring it up to the cup holders?

sialdo

Jun 9, 2010
Chester
Herer are a couple of pics from under my seat. I tried our iPhone 4 and iPod touch and all came up with device not supported or something.

Any suggestions on how to get this working or is it a case of getting an more updated attachment from the stealers?

**OK Can't post pics due to me not reaching 15 posts yet :p**

cdpdesign

Jul 13, 2010
This question has been asked a few times, so I thought it's worth putting in the FAQ section. Please feel free to add any additonal information.

Connecting the iPod

The factory fit iPod connector is under the drivers seat on U.K cars (not sure if this is the same for other markets). The compartment has a cover so people walking past can't see that the iPod is in there.

A number of different adaptors are supplied to ensure a snug fit of your iPod into the slot. It does warn in the manual that these may scratch your iPod, although I haven't had any issues.

As far as I know the iPod shuffle can't be used with the iPod connector.

Using the iPod

The iPod is treated in the same way as a 6 disc autochanger and is operated by pressing the AUX button on the head unit. CDC will appear in the display when the iPod is playing.

You are allowed to have 5 user defined playlists and 1 which is basically play all tracks.

One tip is to number these 1 to 5 to correspond with the buttons on the head unit. Only the first 5 playlists are accessible.

The track names DO NOT appear on the display on the head unit, just the track number.

The unit only allows you to skip one track at a time, making it difficult to find tracks if the playlist contains a large number of songs.

Hope that this information is of use to people considering this option.

can someone please enlighten me to the location of this under the seat? (A photo would be great) My drivers seat doesn't have a compartment, it just has a blank cover. Stuck to the floor with Velcro is a control module, I beleive it's sthe bluetooth system. - Where do I find the Ipod connector?

sialdo

Jun 9, 2010
Chester
This is a pic with it in (under seat)

Won't work with iPhone 4 though :(

IMG_0270.JPG

cdpdesign

Jul 13, 2010
nope, this is not under my drivers seat, nor is it in the compartment below the passenger seat- any ideas?

dave1

Does anybody know if the ipod connection under the seat is standard on the Leon sport 2007 as I cant seem to find it?

kara

Can any of you guys help? I have an 08 K1 cupra with iPod connector (under the drivers seat in black plastic box as mentioned) and sat nav with the 30gb hard drive, giving me 18gb free to load tunes too. Problem I have is the unit won't play mp3 discs (it just gives an error message and spits it out) I can play regular music CDs but can't see how to load a anything to the 18gb of unused hard drive

greenakd

Jun 20, 2007
Devon
any update on this for the new 10 plate ones

my boss has the new ecomotive 1.6 derv

has aux in & usb by gearstick

just hada quick look and couldnt see anything there under seat

With this you need to buy the Ipod connection lead that plugs into the bottom of the Ipod and has a USB and 3.5mm jack on the other end. Plug both of these into the CUP and hey preston all fires up on the headunit. Mine plays up every now and then but then I just disconnect and reconnect. :lol:

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Does the music have to be in playlists? As i connected a 5th Gen Ipod Nano and it showed tracks on the stereo but did not play and reverted back to the radio

Mcleon

Can be annoying finding a track but if you click on the position column in iTunes you can put tracks where you like in the playlist and do get used to which number is which song, a little lame though and I was disappointed when I first tried it. However I've had no problems and I don't have to mess about with cd's anymore which is great.
Plus be aware if you opt for sat nav you have to put the sat nav disk in the head unit top use sat nav so the only way to listen to anything bar radio is a cd changer or iPod which you can get allot more songs on and change at will so it's essential really. Again a let down I felt that the maps didn't load onto a memory card.
On the sat nav unit you press CD to get the iPod playlists they come up as CD1 to 6 6 being all tracks I think on the iPod correct me if I"m wrong and it just selects from just playlists. From then on works the same.
A good tip is when you change to the iPod it will keep playing the album you were listening to when you plugged it in under the seat, a good and quick way to get to an album not on your playlists ;)

.fdvkk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.