GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

Al

Aug 29, 2005
hi i have question is there a way i can put the millage of the car lower than the current .
example : my milage is 100000km i want to make it 70000km is there a way i can make it

:lol:

Winter coming early this year is it?

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
longcoding_sm.gif

with reference to the daytime running lights.. i see it says scandinivia etc but do we have this on our uk cars and just need to activate it in vag.com ?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
probably, it proably just means it turns the lights on all the time. Try it out. You cant do any damage by changing these settings. Have a play. its trial and error with some of these.

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
probably, it proably just means it turns the lights on all the time. Try it out. You cant do any damage by changing these settings. Have a play. its trial and error with some of these.

cool, i'll find someone thats got it local and get a hold of them see if they can work their magic :)

mtarifi

thanks a lot dan this was very greatuful specially the one for the hazard light coming on when your breaking, casue when we are on the track and i brake really late the lights come on hehehehe people think there is something wrong with my car. thanks again mate.

manuelerosso

I have a leon mk2 December 2005 (without aux-in), are possible this changes on my model?
which vag-com cable i have to buy to get these changes?
what it costs? is on e-Bay?
then sorry,too many questions but i wants this modify .... thanks

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
nothing to do with VAG-COM. you just need to run an appropriate cable in to the CD changer input.

manuelerosso

what?i don't understand you....i don't have the cd changer so how i can meke this modifications on my car...what cable i need?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Your Headunit will have a CD changer input on it, so you need to make or buy a cable that goes into the CD changer or something. Im not sure exatcly.

manuelerosso

sorry...but you don't have understand my problem...i don't have any cd changer in my car...and i want to access to the vag to modify that parameters....what i can buy???
(what are the differences between mk2 and leon 1p???)
thank you

manuelerosso

can you post me a link of the vag-com cable i can buy for my leon 2005 (mk2 or 1p)?
only a link from e-bay or another site...

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Sorry I think I misunderstood you!

1. Mk2 Leon and 1p Leon is the same thing.

2. I would only buy a cable from the Ross-tech site. But you need one which works with CAN-BUS.

Last edited:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London

BlackMagicLeon

Jun 11, 2008
Hampshire
Does anyone know if the Leon has any codings for instument lights? On Audis (and I think VWs) it is possible to turn the instrument cluster lights on permanently (ie. when driving lights are off) and even tweak the lights individually (dial, needle etc).

Had a look with VAG-COM over the weekend but couldn't find anything so I guess this module is not present.. unless anyone knows any different?

manuelerosso

heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp me..... what cable i had to buy to make that modify......???????

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Just like to say thanks Dan for the guide. I managed to get past the checkout page on RossTech and ordered my MicroCan cable.
Just a quick question though. I have enabled the 'Coming Home Lights' and the 'Leaving Home Lights' but only the 'Coming Home' function works (the lights stay on for 20 secs and then switches off but when I open the door I get nothing?)
Alex

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.