Leon Honeycomb grill and cupra grill question

Ibiza23

seatenthusiast
Feb 24, 2007
Northern Ireland
I have the honeycomb grill with the chrome surround on my leon fr and i have now bought a cupra grill with the black surround, im just wondering can i transfer the honeycomb piece from the chrome grill onto the black cupra grill? Anyone help

May 13, 2007
you can take the grille apart but youll probably break some of the clips ther a bit of a pain

JD_SCN

Isn't the factory grill vertical slats on the FR? I know there is an additional honeycomb piece you can get seperately and then attach behind the slats. is this what's on yours? If so then yes the honeycomb behind can be removed easily by taking the grill itself out and then undoing the clips for the the honeycomb part. To take the grill unit itself off, lever the two stop plugs on top and then get a long flat head screw driver to poke down the cap to get the clips at '10 to 2'. I just replaced my grill today this way. I've got an aftermarket black grill so there's no chrome on my car now, mesh came seperate on a sheet which i've now cut to size and stuck to the surround.

Ibiza23

seatenthusiast
Feb 24, 2007
Northern Ireland
This is now sorted guys, the honeycomb piece is held on by 2 small screws at the bottom and also by a lip at the top of the grill. I was surprised how simple it was to remove the honeycomb piece, i thought it was part of the grill as one unit. Anyone want any pics let me know.

BrainSample

Plastic honeycomb or wire mesh?

Pics would be nice and very much appreciated. I have just purchased a debadged grill from nicedeals.co.uk but dissapointed with it. I was expecting the honeycombe to be thick ABS plastic but it's just flimsy aluminium mesh painted black. Does you grill have similar honeycomb to what's fitted below the front number plate and around the fog lights?

leon_lib

seat leon FTW
Dec 22, 2008
burnley
Pics would be nice and very much appreciated. I have just purchased a debadged grill from nicedeals.co.uk but dissapointed with it. I was expecting the honeycombe to be thick ABS plastic but it's just flimsy aluminium mesh painted black. Does you grill have similar honeycomb to what's fitted below the front number plate and around the fog lights?

Hi yes it does, IV got a grill forsale in the forsale section could be usefull to spray black and put the honeycombe and then you can keep your orginal for when you put back to standard to sell on????