How to fit leon spoiler

andychef1234

Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen
Hi guys :help: i recenttly bought a spoiler painted for my leon fr and i wanted to fit it myself:think: but only if it was going to be simple enough.

someone told me it needs bonding and that no bolts required.

any advice would be very usefull :D

thanks

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Just get some Sikaflex 221, squirt loads over the back and press it onto the back of your car. Tape it in place to hold it steady. Leave the tape on for 12 hours or so then remove it. Probably best not to drive your car for 24 hours to wait for the Sikaflex to bond properly! :)

Make sure its a nice warm dry day when you do it if its going to be left outside.

andychef1234

Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen
Just get some Sikaflex 221, squirt loads over the back and press it onto the back of your car. Tape it in place to hold it steady. Leave the tape on for 12 hours or so then remove it. Probably best not to drive your car for 24 hours to wait for the Sikaflex to bond properly! :)

Make sure its a nice warm dry day when you do it if its going to be left outside.

thanks alot for that i could be waiting a while for nice weather here :lol: so going to take the car to my dads cause he has a garage and get it put on! sikaflex 221 where is the best place to buy it?

Halfords?

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
I got mine on Ebay, should only cost around a tenner for a massive tube.. Failing that, if you are friendly with a garage, ask to borrow some of their bonding agent, I did that for my old car! :)

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Just out of interest, how much was it painted? What's the colour match like?

andychef1234

Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen
Just out of interest, how much was it painted? What's the colour match like?

yes is good colour match here is the item number 370191085086 i bought it through ebay

it is £115 for it primed with shipping being £10 to anywhere uk i think £90 for painting service add on

but to be honest i live in scotland (aberdeen) and it is really expensive for any body shop work so i just thought F:censored:k it and bought it painted and am going to fit it myself!

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
I paid £120 for mine to be painted.. The guy I use is quite expensive but he really is excellant. I could probably have got it done cheaper elsewhere but I would rather pay a little bit more and know that I was going to get a perfect job done.

andychef1234

Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen
I paid £120 for mine to be painted.. The guy I use is quite expensive but he really is excellant. I could probably have got it done cheaper elsewhere but I would rather pay a little bit more and know that I was going to get a perfect job done.

my guy is 160 to get it painted and a extra 40 for fitting so that with 125 for the spoiler seems expensive £325

where for 115 spoiler + 90 painting + 10 postage +10 for bonding agent £225

so for 100 pound saved will go in the piggy bank for some nice new o.z alloys or my double din head unit :p

but your right though if you have the money to through around pay extra and saves hastle :)

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
I bought a new Spoiler and Skirts for £210 and am having them all painted this week by a friend in a bodyshop for £130.

I got all the proper Seat fitting kits with both the Spoiler and Skirts, so am planning on fitting myself :)

andychef1234

Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen
I bought a new Spoiler and Skirts for £210 and am having them all painted this week by a friend in a bodyshop for £130.

I got all the proper Seat fitting kits with both the Spoiler and Skirts, so am planning on fitting myself :)

that sounds like a steal to me :) just incase there is a great thread on here from a guy who fitted skirts to his mrk2 step by step guide very good!

where did you pick up the spoiler and skirts from for that price?

all the best with the fitting

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
that sounds like a steal to me :) just incase there is a great thread on here from a guy who fitted skirts to his mrk2 step by step guide very good!

where did you pick up the spoiler and skirts from for that price?

all the best with the fitting

From a very helpful member on here ;)

Yes I've seen the guides, and also both the Skirts and Spoiler came with full fitting instructions too :)

lesta-lad85

wrc spoiler

hey, am a newbie to all of this, so maybe some what naive, ive just brought a spoiler for my 02 plate leon cupra (its a wrc spoiler, ) but have know idea how to fix it to my car, it seems to fit onto the glass so you can still open the boot, will it need bolting to the glass??? or just bonding???? any advice will be grately welcomed,

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
hey, am a newbie to all of this, so maybe some what naive, ive just brought a spoiler for my 02 plate leon cupra (its a wrc spoiler, ) but have know idea how to fix it to my car, it seems to fit onto the glass so you can still open the boot, will it need bolting to the glass??? or just bonding???? any advice will be grately welcomed,

I'd ask the question on the Mk 1 forum if I were you :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.