Bluefin ordered at last

kev2477

Well after much research and deliberation i have finally ordered bluefin for my k1.
It was wittled down to the usual main players in remaps, revo, apr or bluefin.
I wanted a remap that could be returned to stock and they all do this in there own right, i guess the bluefin price swayed it, however i do have a 7day money back guarantee if not 100% happy.
I will post my findings on the product when i receive it.:)

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
I'm looking forward to your report on the Bluefin. I will be getting one for my '07 Cupra in approximately five months time.

So far I have heard good reports on the map. It may not be as aggressive as the maps available, although achieving nearly 300bhp for less than £400 is a good buy.

Enjoy.........

SpeedyJ

I can't comment for the Cupra but my petrol FR with a Bluefin remap made 237bhp & 265 ft/Ib at the recent Awesome R/R day so I can recommend you getting one! :)

SpeedyJ

I suppose generally it's very similar to before the remap but suprisingly on the last fill up I'd eeked out more miles than I'd ever done out of a tank full! and that includes booting it more than before!

realneal00_0

Emocion Red Mk2 Cupra
Oct 5, 2008
Newcastle upon tyne
Been thinking the same thoughts myself. It is the next evolutionary stage for my 57 cupra also. I've been looking into remaps for a while and got the brochures through from bluefin/superchips - it looks impressive and great that it can be easily turned off for servicing etc. Only thing that's stopped me so far is an ECU warning light problem... which (fingers crossed) looks ok at the moment.

it seemed to me when i read the brochure that bluefin isn't as easily turned back to stock mode as a revo sps as it requires you to use your pc and plug the device back in. is this correct guys?

still really keen to hear what you think, mate.

hairyaardvark

I put Bluefin on my '09 Cupra K1 2 weeks ago ..... and have been VERY pleased with the results.

I loved the 'do-it-yourself' ease of installation, and have to say, that given that I've made no other alterations to the car (eg. exhaust, breathing, turbo etc), just the map itself really is incredible.

3rd and 4th gear especially, now come with a huge and totally unexpected top end surge lasting through to the redline. I've even found the car scrabbling for grip in third gear at over 60mph when stepping on it, which I never expected from a relatively lardy hatchback!

I've had a couple of my other cars remapped over the years (including a totally custom Ecutek map put on a 400bhp Subaru), and I have to say that in terms of bang per buck I've been very impressed with Bluefin. SEAT obviously build loads of tolerances into the TFSI engine.

Good luck with your purchase ... would be interested to hear your feedback once it is installed.

cheers
DaveR

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
RickyD, it's a bit off subject but what's the sound of your catback Miltek like compared to stock? I'm gonna make a post on the subject soon.

Only one word describes the system over the stock "Awesome" The car now sounds like it should have done from the factory.

djhorace has the full TBE system and gives an even better sound:D:D £600 is a lot of money for the downpipe.

Cheers

RickyD

kev2477

got my bluefin the other day and all i can say is what an excellent bit of kit.
so easy to use and the performance is wkd, the car just keeps going and going.
any one toying on going the bluefin route just do it, being able to switch between stock and performance for less than 400notes well it's a no brainer really:p

AndyCon

Jan 31, 2009
In the advert it says that the Bluefin can also act as fault code reader. Does this work?
And where do you get it for less tha £400 its £435 on the website

kev2477

In the brochure (small print) it does say acts as a diagnostic port on certain models of car, i rang super chips direct and the mk2 cupra supports it. I do still have to check it tho.

As for under 400 notes, JKM MOTOR SERVICES LTD who are site sponsers, are doing it for £390 delivered and i would recommed, they did an excellent service and answered every question i threw at them.

On another note, your original file and bluefin file are held on the bluefin hand held device after you have uploaded/downloaded the files on initial setup, so no need to go between pc to switch.

Hope this helps:p

kev2477

not sure about the revo stopping it, however if it's a free trial then revo state it simply reverts back to stock after 5hrs i,d email superchips about this one tho.

the bluefin is so easy to put on your car, all you do is plug in bluefin device to your ecu this will read your original file, you then when prompted unplug it from ecu and upload file to superchips via the software you get with the package, they then read file and send you your new bluefin file, it then loads onto your hand held device, unplug from pc and plug into ecu. it's so easy and there is instructions on the device when doing it aswell:p

JKM

SCN Sponsor
Apr 25, 2005
Hello RabReith89,

I just saw this thread and thought that I would answer here rather than by PM.
Unfortunately there is not a Bluefin available for your vehicle due to the ECU variant (Bosch ME7) that is installed.
Bluefin’s are available for most turbo diesel / Turbo Petrol engines starting from about 2004..

The link to see all variants and types is here: http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/bluefinshop.htm

Kev2477,

Great to see the feedback on the bluefin and that you are very happy with it – where the torque is kept a little lower this makes for a nice ‘drivers’ car.
The software Installation process is very simple, its easy for us to over-complicate it on the phone when speaking with someone.

Thanks, JKM

Justblipit

I have recently bought on 07 Leon MK2 FR TFSI. My question is; How do I know if it has the Chip remapped? I would like to fit the Bluefin mod, but I first need to confirm that it is still standard.
Anyone out there that can tell me how to check?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
@ RabReith

Alan at Checkpoint will sort you out with Revo lad. The SPS/Select Plus box allows control of the map and can put back to "standard" if need be. There is only a choice of that or Custom Code in Aberdeen, and the Custom Code map will not let you do anything to it yourself.

@ RealNeale

This is what mine sounds like pretty much :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5amLShhMf2A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emp6mZG5eBA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGbiPeQ6k7k&feature=related

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
@ RabReith

Alan at Checkpoint will sort you out with Revo lad. The SPS/Select Plus box allows control of the map and can put back to "standard" if need be. There is only a choice of that or Custom Code in Aberdeen, and the Custom Code map will not let you do anything to it yourself.

@ RealNeale

This is what mine sounds like pretty much :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5amLShhMf2A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emp6mZG5eBA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGbiPeQ6k7k&feature=related

hope yours doesnt come with the missed gear change in video 2 lol

so is bluefin one of the best maps for the Cupra ? GIAC seem to get good reviews on the S3, I already have Bluefin on my A3 and have used it on 2 previous cars, i'll remap whatever I get next but fancied a change, I was probably going to consider a custom map from Jabba since they are only 20 mins away, not that i'm unhappy in anyway with Superchips.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.