Cables needed for an install of a Pioneer AVIC-F900BT

morleymackam

Jul 14, 2007
Managed to pick one of these up second hand. Am I right in thinking I need the following:

Nav Unit
Fascia Surround
Ipod Cable
CANBUS adapter for Seat
CANBUS adapter for Pioneer

Anything else I need before getting my friendly fitter to come around?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Managed to pick one of these up second hand. Am I right in thinking I need the following:

Nav Unit
Fascia Surround
Ipod Cable
CANBUS adapter for Seat
CANBUS adapter for Pioneer

Anything else I need before getting my friendly fitter to come around?

CANBUS adaptor for SEAT , Steering wheel control for pioneer
you also need a FAKRA arial adaptor.
the ipod cable will have to be a Pioneer cable unless the head unit has a usb connector for it?.

morleymackam

Jul 14, 2007
I've bought the unit second hand and have all sorts of crap here!

Think I might have the pioneer end of the canbus. It is a 3.5mm jack plug into a locking plug which is currently attached into a little black box with a code "0745 99-1XX-C". Does that sound plausible?

Do you need to find a wire for the speed pulse or does it all come through the CANBUS connection?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I've bought the unit second hand and have all sorts of crap here!

Think I might have the pioneer end of the canbus. It is a 3.5mm jack plug into a locking plug which is currently attached into a little black box with a code "0745 99-1XX-C". Does that sound plausible?

Do you need to find a wire for the speed pulse or does it all come through the CANBUS connection?

Thats the steering wheel control box ;) so you half way there , you dont need the speed pulse wire ,its used for sat navs ect iirc

morleymackam

Jul 14, 2007
Thats the steering wheel control box ;) so you half way there , you dont need the speed pulse wire ,its used for sat navs ect iirc

So it's the pioneer part? My unit has satnav and supports speedpulse for tunnels and the like.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise