Guide: How to fix the common leaking rear washer pipe in the Boot/Passenger footwell

Mattgriff90

Shot in the dark but ive got a leak from front wheel arch, could this solve it? Thought i would check before pulling things apart.
Cheers

b9rgo1234

Oct 18, 2008
I seem to have a water leak in the boot too, but its on the passender side, not the drivers.
The carpet that covers the wheel arch is wet at the bottom but when I pull the carpet back its dry behind it.
Has nayone else had this problem?
cheers

steve01

I seem to have a water leak in the boot too, but its on the passender side, not the drivers.
The carpet that covers the wheel arch is wet at the bottom but when I pull the carpet back its dry behind it.
Has nayone else had this problem?
cheers

I too have a leak on the passenger side boot liner is we but cant find where its coming from any help would be great

Mattgriff90

Shot in the dark but ive got a leak from front wheel arch, could this solve it? Thought i would check before pulling things apart.
Cheers

Too answer my own question, yes this did solve it. Thanks for a great tutorial

b9rgo1234

Oct 18, 2008
Hi steve,
Im going to remove the rear seats and carpeting tonight and have a good look. If I find anything I will let you know. :)

DCNI

May 9, 2010
Help! My female end has fallen down out of sight of its usual socket and I've busted several screws. Both local stealers want 40quid "because we'd have to take the boot trim off and that's a big job!".......clowns.

So any help guys?

nc30rider

Feb 8, 2009
Where ever the wife tells me
The female part should not be too far down. It is either clipped or taped to the wiring loom (cant remember which off the top of my head). It is awkward to get hold of though. A torch and long nose pliers are what you need.

Scot SEAT

Thanks for the excellent guide, just had the same problem on my 2006 Ref Sport. All sorted, just got to dry out the rear driver side footwell now!

matrik89

Wicked

Awesome Instructions - Fixed it really easily - Well done :coolthumb

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Hi nc30rider

I have got to the last stage as in your photo, but cannot find the female end to fix it. Where should it be? Did you have trouble locating it first time around? Where can I buy the little plastic plug that holds the carpet as I have accidently snapped it when taking it off.

Cheers

I'm with you on this one. Just tried it, as I have wiper fluid leaking out the bottom of the car instead of out of the rear nozzle when I want to clean the rear window. This leaking is counter-productive to said window cleansing....

Couldn't find the hole. Not a problem I usually have. But this girl's got the better of me.

Any clues as to how to find it? If I stick my fingers in and wriggle around it all feels very wet. :doh: ...not pun intended. But can only feel a piece of foam and some electrical wiring.

I could bring it back to the dealer but this seems to be a problem I'll face again.:help:

EDIT:: Nevermind...didn't see the second page of this thread. It's going back to the dealers and they can fix it for free. Clowns.

Last edited:

Shedspeed

TYVM for this guide.

I sent nearly a whole day trying to get to the source of the rear washer not working & the subsequent leak that was dripping below the drivers foot well, only to conclude the tube had disconnected somewhere between the engine compartment & the foot well. This made it impossible to get to.

I read this post this morning & indeed the tubes were disconnected (why it drips from the foot well I don't know). I reconnected them - Job done in about 20 minutes.

I had to feel around for the female end as there isn't a lot of slack in the tube, it is clipped to the wiring loom. Once found I held it in place with a pair of long nosed pliers & connected the male end which has a lot more play in it.

Thanks again.

rebel69

Dark Matter Power
Dec 10, 2009
Kent
leak

HI guys noticed other day when I used rear washer I had a puddle form at the rear of the drivers side back wheel arch but still had water going to the screen.
Is this normal or do I have a leak.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Great help! The rear jet sprays were always weak compared to my other Leon but with this guide it was fixed today!

took about 10mins if that?

Disconnected completely and reconnect again and job done...

Would been better if I can remove the entire fabric off because it was getting in the way but it should hold for now...easy enough fix until the pipe completely breaks...hehe

rebel69

Dark Matter Power
Dec 10, 2009
Kent
Rear puddle

Finally got round to doing this fix. All I can say is WOW never ever seen that much pressure on the rear screen.

Its a bugger of a job if like me you have big fingers and you do end up with lots of cuts but well worth it in the end.

Just got to remember never use rear washer if weather is freezing.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.