Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Bookerman

Well I caved today and have decided to opt back into our company car scheme after I had an injector go last month. One injector changed and the loom but still fearful for the other 3. While SEAT payed the bill the my minds filled with what else could go wrong and how much it will cost. So I will probably have it for another couple of months before selling.

iang27

Update ::

Seat have confirmed that they will offer 100% goodwill on the repair. The dealer said they would replace one injector but did not know about the wiring loom !!!!

I rang Seat customer services who were very nice and they said they would look in to replacing all four of the injectors as it is a serious problem and is a safety issue.

Either way it is being repaired so that is something.

When I spoke to another Seat dealer they said that they have been informed that all cars that have a problem are being repaired if they are under 5 years old.

Hope this is of any help to others.

COBBERS

power to weight ratio ;)
May 8, 2011
yorkshire
well i have a mk3 ibiza cupra, and need lcr injectors, but cant find them anywhere, and i cant find any conversations on here about where i can get them, can u spread any light buddie?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Dave @ SERE motors has a section on here hes a SEAT Parts dealer from Ireland who offers excellent prices id ask him first

spacedmonkeys

Jan 4, 2010
Birmingham
Got a call out of the blue from SEAT customer service regarding my injector fail in june 2010.
They have told me to book the car in to local dealership, who will replace the remaining injectors, and they will refund the amount i paid out on the original failed injector. I did mention that the failed one was probably replaced with the "old" part, and what would they do about that...they might replace it if indeed it is an old part....
A very nice and unexpected phonecall to end the day at work...might get the full £700 back. :D :D
I also asked whether this was in relation to the case I submitted to VOSA and they said it was. So a worthwhile exercise!

Can you get them replaced if they have never gone?

Concern is I have just got an FR, I have spoken to previous owner and they haven't gone since he had it from 3 months old and it's now 4.5yrs old with 30k on it. I have a little 4yr old girl and do a lot of miles per year.

iang27

Seat have instructed the garage where my car is to replace all four injectors and the wiring loom so that is a major relief, would not want to have to try and find the money for that bill !!

Well done Seat.

debi5121

hi guys after having injector no 3 go on my fr paid just under £800 for injector & loom to be replaced after one call to seat uk they agreed to reimburse £645 plus replace remaining 3 injectors, since the work was done the engine speed seems to vary when ideling (sometimes quite noisy) has anybody else had this experience or have any idea what might be the cause.

Hi. I wrote to SEAT UK asking if they would replace the other 3 injectors free of charge, after No3 injector went on my FR. I have just received a letter back from them....Basically they said NO, although they did say that I shouldn't have any problems with the other 3!! If I did have the same symptoms as the first (like on a motorway doing 70+ in the fast lane, and lost all power) then to take it to a SEAT garage and they would 'see what they could do'
I really can't understand how they can replace some peoples Injectors and not others. Mine is a 57 plate, 52K and full service history. Have VOSA recognised it as a safety fault yet?? Can anyone recommend anything to me as I have no peace of mind driving at present and really don't know what to do next.

jonnyfox88

hi guys in need of some serious advice here....i have a 2006 FR Leon 170 and i bought the car in april 2010...3 weeks after i bought the car i had to get an injector fitted which was covered under warrenty....it happened again 2 months ago and i found this forum and rang up seat customer service who paid 100% parts and labour to fix it and replace all 4 injectors....now its been perfect up untill today when another 1 has just went on me :-(

this is the third time in 15 months this has happened to me and im really not at all happy about it

What is the best advice you people can give me? would i be entitled to a refund or an exchange?....i wouldnt be happy with them replacing the injectors again and again to be honest???

PLEASE HELP!!!?????

iang27

Got my car back last Thursday, only took Arnold Clark Newcastle two days from getting the go ahead from Seat late Tuesday afternoon, very quick service. This was to replace all four injectors and the wiring loom.

The car is running great again, just hope that they do not have any more problems.

This morning a letter arrived from vosa to inform me that they are taking the case up with Seat regarding injector failures.

At least Seat have come up trumps, would not have liked to pay the bill for four injectors and the loom plus labour, £3000 ????

Skid_Solo

Received a call from Seat Customer Care last week, they are now agreeing to replace the remaining three injectors on my Leon (had the 1st one replaced a couple of months ago but they wouldn’t replace the other three).

I did also register this with VOSA so wonder if the call is related. God news though, all booked in for the work

cogdoc

For those that havn't seen it, this is going out to Audi owners at the moment.....

untitled-4.png

Also need more people to like the facebook page!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fix-the-VW-AUDI-Skoda-Seat-Pd170-TDI-Injector-Failure/156033921135623

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
so if they will replace You all injectors finally looks like they accept it is them fault ??

Looks like some recall should be soon?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.