What did you and your MK2 do today?

iNeoTom

Mar 21, 2017
Where did you get it from and is it like the genuine vcds?

I got it form ebay it was £41.99 but works amazingly just like my old non canbus cables i had it worked straight away as soon as i plugged it in :)

Not sure if i'm allowed to post a link as it is a clone cable.

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
I got it form ebay it was £41.99 but works amazingly just like my old non canbus cables i had it worked straight away as soon as i plugged it in :)

Not sure if i'm allowed to post a link as it is a clone cable.

Fair enough found some on ebay. If it's using the ross-tech vcds then be careful updating it because they block clones frequently.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
:cartman: i was just guna ask when is the new car coming?! i'll probably run mine to the death now just keep it all mechanically sound as any spare money will just go on the garage been re roofed and getting the driveway blocked too over the summer hopefully!

I'm do want something new but just keep thinking I need to sensible and not get into debt. I know the Leon is fine and will go for many years but feel it's time for something big and automatic lol.

If I get my arse into gear and remove the mods it will probably push me to sell. MOT an service at the end of the month first though.

Jaruba

Jun 18, 2014
Finland
Cupra R gave everything to dyno. Little issues with heatsoak, pcv valve and spark plugs. Watercooling and denso ik24 plugs should give easily +400hp :lol:

Result was 394,6hp with apr stage 1+ map.
Check out "spoolin shirley" channel in youtube to see dyno run

https://youtu.be/38YOEx-zLBU

Last edited:

Jaruba

Jun 18, 2014
Finland
What mods are you running to see that power from APR 1+? APR's own figures are 335 bhp

I need to do "readers ride" topic but I will post this anyway

APR Stage 1+
Loba Motorsport HPFP
Volkswagen Racing Intake
Milltek non-resonated catback
Oem ngk spark plugs, Motul 300v oil only
Stock clutch, intercooler, downpipe, catalyst and turbo

No hard launches, roll racing is my choice.
Engine is in extremly good condition, with good service (2-5 times in one year, depending trackdays) and maintenance I have managed to get so good numbers.
I have picked up best parts available for tfsi engine and this forum gives so much info. Here in Finland we have "similar" weather conditions just like UK. So I have to give big thanks to you guys!

U can check out also "bensiinidivisioona" in instagram for little extra information, sorry for finnish "rally-english"[B)]

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Had my exhaust installed , with careful planning i managed to get a 3" turbo back for £355

Ebay decat for £115
MIJ rear section with silencer £240

Bargain!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Ashers16

Feb 16, 2015
Northeast England
Had a full clean inside and out
f257f28857ec432092aef6fb9f798f8e.jpg
b6ca130ed78925487176e7fc2f230347.jpg
82cb4bffa8d5fb65d7cbfcfea1811355.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Got a link to the decat you bought pal?

Thats the ebay item number , noone bids on them so you will get it for 115.

Says its for a golf but fits the leon cupra aswell and it fits perfect no modifications needed i was quite impressed.

Only thing is it has a 2.5" reducer to fit the standard rear section so if you want it to fit a miltek youl need to get a 3" to 2.75" adaptor of ebay and get an exhaust company to chop and weld it.

I just took it to MIJ and got them to fabrocate me a 3" rear section

Hope thats helpful

Kapitein Merijn

Mar 30, 2017

Thats the ebay item number , noone bids on them so you will get it for 115.

Says its for a golf but fits the leon cupra aswell and it fits perfect no modifications needed i was quite impressed.

Only thing is it has a 2.5" reducer to fit the standard rear section so if you want it to fit a miltek youl need to get a 3" to 2.75" adaptor of ebay and get an exhaust company to chop and weld it.

I just took it to MIJ and got them to fabrocate me a 3" rear section

Hope thats helpful

Do you know if this fits a 2010 FR?
I think it will but just to be sure before ordering.

How is the quality? Can you compare it with a Cobra or even milltek downpipe?

Last edited:

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Do you know if this fits a 2010 FR?
I think it will but just to be sure before ordering.

How is the quality? Can you compare it with a Cobra or even milltek downpipe?

If its a 2.0 tfsi then yeah it will mate vag use the same engine in all models

And i was impressed with the quality my mate had a miltek DP and his welds split and he had to get it reweld , dont get me wrong the welding on the cheaper downpipe is thick and not flush but being as its under the car out of sight i have more faith they are stronger , i first noticed rtech mention it on his ko4 tuning guide about the ebay DP and mine fitted and performs no issue atall youl see how restrictive the standerd one is and in terms of noise its not loud when mated to stock rear section it gives it more character.

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
I thought the FR on a K03 turbo has a different turbo flange/downpipe fitting to the Cupra/Golf with the K04.

I'm looking into using the same company to provide me with a 300mm length of stainless tube and 6 flanges. So my mechanic can cut out the cat and fit flanges to swap the cat in/out

Last edited:

Kapitein Merijn

Mar 30, 2017
If its a 2.0 tfsi then yeah it will mate vag use the same engine in all models

And i was impressed with the quality my mate had a miltek DP and his welds split and he had to get it reweld , dont get me wrong the welding on the cheaper downpipe is thick and not flush but being as its under the car out of sight i have more faith they are stronger , i first noticed rtech mention it on his ko4 tuning guide about the ebay DP and mine fitted and performs no issue atall youl see how restrictive the standerd one is and in terms of noise its not loud when mated to stock rear section it gives it more character.

Thanx for your reply.

I've looked up the down pipe on the Milltek site and the part numbers of the Cupra and FR are the same so I think it will fit.
The only strange thing is that they are different then the Mk5 and Mk6 GTI.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I thought the FR on a K03 turbo has a different turbo flange/downpipe fitting to the Cupra/Golf with the K04.

I'm looking into using the same company to provide me with a 300mm length of stainless tube and 6 flanges. So my mechanic can cut out the cat and fit flanges to swap the cat in/out

Fits the same mate promise

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Ordered one.
Had some contact with Every exhaust parts and they told me that the Seat Leon 2.0t part their selling is identical to the mk5/mk6 part.

Hope it arrives soon!
They told me they accept returns so give it ago and feedback

Good value mod and even better if it fits the tsi engine aswell.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members