What did you and your MK2 do today?

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
I added front and rear footwell lights today, the ones connected to the ceiling light. Really impressed so far but need to check in the dark.

Next on the list is the cluster upgrade...cluster in the garage ready to be swapped!

n0ble

Sep 14, 2006
I added front and rear footwell lights today, the ones connected to the ceiling light. Really impressed so far but need to check in the dark.

Next on the list is the cluster upgrade...cluster in the garage ready to be swapped!

What cluster upgrade are you doing?

FL clocks by any chance?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
I'll take some picture in a bit when it gets dark!

As for the cluster, it's actually a Cupra one as I have a K1. It was on the 'bay' a few weeks ago but didn't sell so did a deal with the chap and got it cheaper. Just need a day to sort it out without the wife giving me hassle!

As for the LED's....they were the usual 12v SMD roll that you get off the bay. Put a load at the old dears kitchen and had some left over so wired them up and they worked a treat! I'm currently using the warm white to match the other interior lights....I find the 'ice white' too cold but if i do change my mind I can easily change them all over without any issues.

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
tried removing the oem unit to fit this . . .

396704_10151035486353987_35548626_n.jpg

needless to say, ill try again another day.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
tried removing the oem unit to fit this . . .

396704_10151035486353987_35548626_n.jpg

needless to say, ill try again another day.

I paid halfords £30 to fit my aftermarket unit i got off amazon. They've changed their fitting policy, you now don't have to have bought from them to fit an item.

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
I paid halfords £30 to fit my aftermarket unit i got off amazon. They've changed their fitting policy, you now don't have to have bought from them to fit an item.

alot of my mates are from talkaudio / streetbassers, if i get into any difficulties i think ill be going to annoy one of those!
BUT this is something thats interesting to know!

im sure once dave @ sere has got back to me with the details for the fascia and clips ill be raring to go! so long as i can get this one out!

i suppose, if they damage anything, they will have to cover it....

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Went out in the rain for a drive. Local road had a flood across it and two young kids were standing next to it trying to get cars to spray them with water. Couldn't resist, so promptly blasted them with a wall of water...:D

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members