What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
car dropped off this morning no more oil leak. Bracket twisted so no more banging exhaust and my welded bracket holding up nicely!!!!

Car is useable again :D

also gave it a mini valet car lookd GOOD!!!! expecially the darker badges

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
P1060624.jpg

I am liking this is it like a darker silver like grey. and taking the cupra badge off and putting them back on how without destorying them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFsXgpGnY6U

like this

and i didnt i masked EVERYTHING up on the rear of my car and sprayed it direct on. the cupra writting it a little off as i didnt clean that very well but the rest came out well. with a little shine to it also :D

lee

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
After 5 years of ownership I waved good bye to my Cupra :cry:

Hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I did.

Quite sad to see it drive off

Adam

did you get that valve off for me? lol

sorry to see it go but i do seem to have done well from it. might of been easier to just swap cars that it was to remove it from your to add to mine

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
car is back on the road at long last. waiting for credit card still to sort the clutch but its getting there now

first up oil leak was looked in to looks like it was just oil they hadnt cleaned off the filter housing apparently. whilst it was in they were mean to move the rear C clamp an inch back to stop it hitting the rear subframe. but what they did was move it down so its sits a little low now BUT no more BANGING!!!!!! RESULT!!!

gf9.jpg

also whilst it was in had the mini valet done to see how bad the Swirl was getting on my car. :( whats the best way to get rid of swirl??

gf13.jpg

some more pics of my car with the ghost chrome grill etc

gf1.jpg

gf2.jpg

gf3.jpg

gf4.jpg

gf5.jpg

gf6.jpg

gf7.jpg

gf8.jpg

gf10.jpg

gf11.jpg

gf12.jpg

Nov 15, 2011
That will just mask it and need re-applying every time you wash the car, a decent machine polish using poorboys ssr 3 and then black hole glaze will see it come up a lot better

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Its a awesome bit of kit for what it is. clean your car and polish it then use it last mine went like glass after having swirls from the person i bought it from
DSC_0450.jpg

been looking a clay bar if it ever happens again

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
hmm well might have to do that in the interim but i want it sorting properly as it looks like im gonna be keeping the leon as i really cant find anything that takes my fancy in my price bracket

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
mike takes his to be clayed and looks the business when it comes back. they keep it for like 3 days

Claying won't get rid of swirls. It gets rid of the contamination in the paint which will give it the smooth feeling (depending on how aggressive the clay bar is)

Machine polish is the best for removing swirls permanently

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
getting it serviced today then off down to london for a few drinks with some mates

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah I dunno why people think clay bar is like a polish or wax It just removes contamination before the polishing stage.

And loads of bodyshops will do it depending where your near contact like a local detailer and they will do the whole car if you want it done well get the best package and it will come back like a show car

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
Stripped e final bits and pieces of my fr back to standard. Will miss her. But had a good 3 years and 30000 miles out of her. Still drives like new. And looking at her oil change receipts in 30k she has had 8 oil changes! OCD lol. Anyways onwards and upwards on saturday morning. I will be driving home in my newly purchased cupra R :)

Noticed you were online already buddy! Bet you cant sleep! Good luck with the R today and looking forward to the pics and threads on modding the beast when they come! Really is a lovely car, nice!

D

Last edited by a moderator:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Claying won't get rid of swirls. It gets rid of the contamination in the paint which will give it the smooth feeling (depending on how aggressive the clay bar is)

Machine polish is the best for removing swirls permanently

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Machine polish is the only thing I'm afraid for a permanent fix !
There are products on the market that contain fillers to mask the swirls but it's only temporary.

If you get a machine polish done you will need to change your washing technique to stop the swirls coming back , I warn you now it can be very obsessive lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.