Seat Leon AUX problem

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
I have mate honestly, pressed and pressed and pressed but all it does is make a daft friggin beeping noise and keeps flashing up "no cd".

Fecking thing! Taken a bit of the shine off what is a superb car.

I'll see if the dealers can help.

Wizi

I have mate honestly, pressed and pressed and pressed but all it does is make a daft friggin beeping noise and keeps flashing up "no cd".

Fecking thing! Taken a bit of the shine off what is a superb car.

I'll see if the dealers can help.

I feel ur pain! The same thing with my car

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
Wizi, I can't believe we are the only seat owners with this problem!

With the problems that have just arisen on my FR tonight I may be taking mine in to a dealer so I'll see I there's anything they can do.

Wizi

Wizi, I can't believe we are the only seat owners with this problem!

With the problems that have just arisen on my FR tonight I may be taking mine in to a dealer so I'll see I there's anything they can do.

Ok. Let me know what's the outcome is. Thx in advance

MK59

Newbie here, i had a similar problem the other day trying to get my phone to play, it might sound daft but make sure the aux wire is fully pushed in to the socket (at both ends), there should be a firm click

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
Wizi, just had a thought. Are you the original owner of your car? I'm not and it's only now that I'm looking at fitting an aftermarket radio that I think I've realised the fitted radio in my fr may not be the original one! I'm thinking the previous owner either didn't fit this radio back properly or it's an old pre-aux radio that's been put in.

Just a thought.

Wizi

Wizi, just had a thought. Are you the original owner of your car? I'm not and it's only now that I'm looking at fitting an aftermarket radio that I think I've realised the fitted radio in my fr may not be the original one! I'm thinking the previous owner either didn't fit this radio back properly or it's an old pre-aux radio that's been put in.

Just a thought.

I'm second owner of this car. But radio is original.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Have you had the head unit out yet to see if the aux cable is attached properly in the quad lock? Should be the bottom left section and should have 3 cables (black white and purple I think)...

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z2

BeardF

Chegt, could you let me know how you got yours to work?

Have the AUX input in my Leon FR, but trying to select AUX on the stereo is impossible.

I have pressed the CD/AUX button twice, as many have said to do. Have gone into the PROG menu but the AUX option is not available at the far right of the list. Could it be that the connection is not in the back of the stereo? And how do you activate the extended source?

BeardF

Have you had the head unit out yet to see if the aux cable is attached properly in the quad lock? Should be the bottom left section and should have 3 cables (black white and purple I think)...

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z2

How do I go about doing this? Is it a simple fix?
Why would it not be connected in the first place?

chegt

Chegt, could you let me know how you got yours to work?

Have the AUX input in my Leon FR, but trying to select AUX on the stereo is impossible.

I have pressed the CD/AUX button twice, as many have said to do. Have gone into the PROG menu but the AUX option is not available at the far right of the list. Could it be that the connection is not in the back of the stereo? And how do you activate the extended source?

You have the stock input already? I don´t know if it is the same as mine...I installed the "aux" connection myself, because first, I didn´t have an AUX input from factory just the CDC for pendrive beneath the passenger seat and second, at the back of my radio I didn´t have the pins to install an AUX as an extended source, so I made my own Aux cable connection using the CDC cable to "confuse" the radio and be able to listen my mp3 player (iPOD).....

as for activating the AUX as an extended source pressing the CD/AUX buttom I don´t know how to do it via VAGcom, but a friend that´s got an AUDI, he could do it, so I think it might be almost the same being both cars vags.

BeardF

You have the stock input already? I don´t know if it is the same as mine...I installed the "aux" connection myself, because first, I didn´t have an AUX input from factory just the CDC for pendrive beneath the passenger seat and second, at the back of my radio I didn´t have the pins to install an AUX as an extended source, so I made my own Aux cable connection using the CDC cable to "confuse" the radio and be able to listen my mp3 player (iPOD).....

as for activating the AUX as an extended source pressing the CD/AUX buttom I don´t know how to do it via VAGcom, but a friend that´s got an AUDI, he could do it, so I think it might be almost the same being both cars vags.

I have the AUX input socket by the handbrake, so Id assume that I dont have to create my own connection?
Havent checked the back of the radio yet, will be doing that at the weekend.

A friend of a friend works at a VW garage, surely they will be able to fix worst case?

chegt

I have the AUX input socket by the handbrake, so Id assume that I dont have to create my own connection?
Havent checked the back of the radio yet, will be doing that at the weekend.

A friend of a friend works at a VW garage, surely they will be able to fix worst case?[/QUO

When you take out your radio, check if you have the pins 1, 2 and 7 available, those are AUX/L, AUX/earth and AUX/R if it is so, then you should not have any problem, you just have to make the connection, but if you already have the connection done, check if that connection is connected to the AUX socket and if is so, I would think the problem can be only fixed using the vagcom and activating the AUX input as an extended source but im not really sure how you do this....

but given the case you dont have the pins i mentioned, then you must make your own connection and the socket is just a decoration...do you have the case below the passenger seat for ipod or pendrive, have you checked that already?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.