Does the Leon mk2 have brake wear sensors?

• Thread starter Deleted member 74601
  • Start date

Deleted member 74601

Just been doing some reading about brakes.

Even though mine will be no where near doing, I just wondered if there was a wear sensor on the mk2 Leon?

Will it only show brake pad wear, or does it show disk wear as well?

Deleted member 74601

Cheers mate

I know it sounds silly, but this is my first ever decent car, my last car didn't have these :D

Deleted member 74601

Hmm, what's the best way to find out?

I can't go out and look at the moment because I'm on crutches :D

Deleted member 74601

Is it just one sensor on the passenger side pad, or a sensor on each pad on the front? How does the car warn you if the pads are low?

Last edited by a moderator:

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
Recently changed my brakes and there was no where to plug the sensor in. I posted on here about it and was told that some do and some don't but I can't remember the criteria they mentioned in the answer :/ I'll try hoke it out

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
There is just one set of pads shown for the front, not a choice of with or without (regardless of year or spec). I've never seen a set of pads with only one sensor, always one for each side (not changed these yet though).

Last edited:

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
I got the pads from Dave (so definatly was given the right ones) and only one had the brake wear indicator, front drivers side. Although neither of the sides had anywhere to plug it in on my leon at least.

I can't see a light for it on the dash when I turn the keys either

Deleted member 74601

I suppose the only sensible thing to do is go and look really isn't it. I'll have to wait until I can do that.

How does the car warn you if you have a sensor? I can't see an independant light on the dash, and the manual doesn't mention anything about it.

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
How does the car warn you if you have a sensor? I can't see an independant light on the dash, and the manual doesn't mention anything about it.

There are a number of priority messages that come up on the MFD (the manual gives examples of brake fluid, oil pressure, coolant etc). Although pad wear isn't mentioned, as there is no warning light, it probably shows on there.

Deleted member 74601

There are a number of priority messages that come up on the MFD (the manual gives examples of brake fluid, oil pressure, coolant etc). Although pad wear isn't mentioned, as there is no warning light, it probably shows on there.

Yeah I thought it might illuminated the brake system light, and then tell me on the MFD.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait and go and take the wheel off and look. Thanks for everyones help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
My fr 2007 doesn't have sensors. I was playing around with vag com and enabled this feature it just instantly gave me a warning

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
It's a fairly useless feature, wouldn't want to let my pads get thin enough to bring on the light anyhow as you'd probably end up damaging the disc as well.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members