Resprayed Cuprawheels!

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Looks like a great job from that close up! Nice rattle can action!

Thank you!

I work wednesday-thursday this week so i´ll do the last Wheel in the weekend.. Probably for the best anyway since the paint is taking its toll on me.. Despite mask, fans and an open door i got dizzy..

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Sounds like good paint if it's doing that too you. Ha ha

No its probably deadly :p

I bought the spraycans from a carpainter who filled them with the desired paint.
Since i don´t have an oven to "bake" the paint i had no choise but to go with solvent-based paint, and since its so cold outside here i couldn´t have too much ventilation either, my bad..

aaronb84

Feb 25, 2013
Brighton
Started doing my own a few years back. Bought all the stuff, then got bored to hell with all the rubbing down. Ended up paying £260 for the refurb plus I had already paid for all the kit to do it myself.

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Started doing my own a few years back. Bought all the stuff, then got bored to hell with all the rubbing down. Ended up paying £260 for the refurb plus I had already paid for all the kit to do it myself.

I feel you man :) The rubbing and sanding was really not fun.. So if you can get it done for a reasonable price, give the job away..

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
I'm tempted to do mine, but a local company will powdercoat all 4 wheels for £180.

Go for the ceramic coat - oh wait, wrong part!

I drive mine so rarely I could probably keep it bricked up in the yard while the wheels were refurbed and not need to worry about getting some to run around on.

Speaking of respraying stock wheels, im thinking of going black on my 18" stock cupra Pavonis rims.

G19RJS

VAG for life
Jun 10, 2013
Bellshill Glasgow
I know your pain with the 19s. Very little rubber and alloys that curve out factor in the wife parking equals well kerbed wheels. Got a spare alloy now which I keep so I can swap and refurb if one gets kerbed bad enough.

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
I know your pain with the 19s. Very little rubber and alloys that curve out factor in the wife parking equals well kerbed wheels. Got a spare alloy now which I keep so I can swap and refurb if one gets kerbed bad enough.

To be honest, my missus isnt allowed to drive the car at all :p

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise