Warninglight washerfluid

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Hey all!

So, normally i have my car in my garage. But now its been parked outside for 2 Days becuase i´m respraying some Wheels and haven´t used the car during these Days.

Tonight when i took it for a spin, the warninglight for low washerfluid lit, and the mfd said "Top up washerfluid". So, i opened the hood and started filling, but could only get like 0,5L in.. Felt like "this is odd".. So i started the car and it still says the same, "top up washerfluid" and the light is on..

Why is it like this? Happened to anyone else?
Here its about 0 degrees C so i suspect something might have frozen, due to the fact everything worked fine when the car had been in a heated garage, but i don´t know..

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Hey all!

So, normally i have my car in my garage. But now its been parked outside for 2 Days becuase i´m respraying some Wheels and haven´t used the car during these Days.

Tonight when i took it for a spin, the warninglight for low washerfluid lit, and the mfd said "Top up washerfluid". So, i opened the hood and started filling, but could only get like 0,5L in.. Felt like "this is odd".. So i started the car and it still says the same, "top up washerfluid" and the light is on..

Why is it like this? Happened to anyone else?
Here its about 0 degrees C so i suspect something might have frozen, due to the fact everything worked fine when the car had been in a heated garage, but i don´t know..
one of three - 1. frozen, 2, washer fluid too strong causing issues with sensor, 3. dirty or malfunctioning sensor.

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Thanks for your answer.

I don´t belive the mix to be to strong, its mixed to -18c, which is normal in sweden during Winter.

Something might have frozen, but the washers works normally, havent tried the rear though.

If the sensor is broken, is it a big job to change it?

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Haha.. I spoke to the head of the vehicledepartment at my company today.. We drive skoda at work and he told me that the sensor connection might cause the problem. I'm not sure if that whats caused my issues though.. But hey, now its working so :)

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
My 2003 A3 has a sensor for the washer fluid and it drives me crazy beeping all the time when the fluid is low. Glad my FR doesn't have one.

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Okey, problem not completely solved, but i do know now whats causing it -ish..

The problem came back when the car had been parked outside over the day. Took it in the garage over night and problem gone.

So, the cold is causing it to warn, but what might be the real problem? The connector or the sensor?

Can i somehow see/feel the connections for the sensor from the enginebay or from underneath?

Dopedpanda

"Old" Hardcore Ford Fan
Jun 15, 2013
Denmark
Most likely wiring problems. Could also be a bad connection in the sensor, but i doubt it.

The sensor is only installed on cars with xenon as its a requirement.

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Most likely wiring problems. Could also be a bad connection in the sensor, but i doubt it.

The sensor is only installed on cars with xenon as its a requirement.

Yes, i have xenons..

I think it might be the connection since it only happens when the car is cold.. And metal shrinks when cold.. So if i could get hold of the connection i could try clean it to see if it makes any difference.
If it doesnt work then fine, but i would like to try since its so annoying..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.