Milltek non-resonated too quiet - no rumble, no pops, no farts?

BStones

Dec 11, 2013
Hello Seatcupra.net

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Thanks for a great and informative community :)

My problem:

I have a 2008 Seat Leon 2,0 FR TFSI.

Stage 2+ APR software
Milltek turbo-back exhaust w/ 400 cell cat, non-resonated
APR HPFP
Eurojet IC
APR Runner flap delete
Stock intake / air filter

- it's also had a DSG "tune" by a local tuner, who removed the torque-limitation of the standard 6-speed DSG. He hasn't changed the shift points or anything else, purely removal of TQ-limit.

I recently switched from a resonated centre section to a non-resonated centre section in hopes of satisfying my need for something a little more loud.

Granted, I did get a bit more "rumble" and a deeper note, but on WOT it doesn't seem very different at all, and almost worst of all - the dsg "pop", "bang", "fart", call it whatever you want, isn't there in the slightest! Now THAT was something I'd looked forward to...

As far as burble, I'll be lucky if I get just a little bit when revving the car, but not near what I was expecting / hearing in youtube videos.

So my question is:

How do I get my exhaust a little louder? How do I get the exhaust to burble and bang/pop/fart when changing gears?

Did I just go plain wrong with the Milltek if bangs and burble is what I'm after? I don't want it silly-loud, just a little something out of the ordinary when I let her loose :)

Thanks for taking the time to read my post :)

Kindest regards

Last edited:

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
Im pretty sure these engines wont pop as they don't like running rich?. Anyways have you tried using decent fuel like vpower? My standard exhaust seemed louder after I switched. My revo intake made a difference To. I a have a bcs cat-back to go along with the revo and sounds amazing on the overrun

Dopedpanda

"Old" Hardcore Ford Fan
Jun 15, 2013
Denmark
They do pop, just not with a 400 cell cat.
Coworker had a Altea Fr 2.0 TFSI, apr stage 2 with milltek non res and decat, it popped like a maniac on over run and the dsg farts was like a shotgun.

BStones

Dec 11, 2013
I'm already running V-Power - never done anything else.

Dopedpanda: That's what I feared. However, I've heard a mates Scirocco that only had the Milltek catback, and his popped too, even with the stock downpipe.

I'm truly baffled by this...

Dopedpanda

"Old" Hardcore Ford Fan
Jun 15, 2013
Denmark
I'm already running V-Power - never done anything else.

Dopedpanda: That's what I feared. However, I've heard a mates Scirocco that only had the Milltek catback, and his popped too, even with the stock downpipe.

I'm truly baffled by this...

Can also be your tune, have had an AFR reading?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise