Rattling speaker grills!

simonp3

Nov 24, 2015
Hi, the speaker grills in my 1p is rattling like hell.. the clips ain't broken, but when i hold my hand on them, when the music is playing, the rattling stops.. have any of you experienced this, and is there a solution to the problem? it's driving me mad..

ShaneMitchinson

Oct 3, 2014
Scottish Borders
Yup I've got the exact same issue, I popped the cover off and glued the wee white poppers that fasten it to the door, worked for a few days but is back again, nor sure what to try now! Possibly plastic model glue and something to make the poppers a tighter fit?

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
I once blew one of my front door speakers so was an excuse for me to upgrade.. Whilst I had the blown one in that rattled and farted like mad. Anyway I upgraded the speakers then the new power from use used to give me the problem you had, I used longer screws to re fit them no pop clips. Problem solved.

ShaneMitchinson

Oct 3, 2014
Scottish Borders
I once blew one of my front door speakers so was an excuse for me to upgrade.. Whilst I had the blown one in that rattled and farted like mad. Anyway I upgraded the speakers then the new power from use used to give me the problem you had, I used longer screws to re fit them no pop clips. Problem solved.

How did you get rid of the pop screws? screw them in from the back?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members