Electric window rolling back down

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I rolled down the rear drivers side window this morning all the way. Flicked the switch to close it (which it started doing) got about half way then reversed and opened all the way again. I tried several times but same thing.

When I roll it down there's a rubbing sound at about that point where it gets stuck. Question is... I had a sub fitted at the weekend. Is it possible something done inside the rear door card has done this or just a plain coincidence that it went now?

Dude

1st UK MK2 LCR on here
Dec 10, 2009
Sounds like something possibly fouling the window mechanism, so the anti-trap kicks in and opens the window back up.

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
sounds like the window regulator to me and it could just be a coincidence that its gone at the time youve had the door card off , dunno why youve had it off for a sub tho mate. Or the regulator hasnt been put back right. take the card off and have a look

TI KUFF

May 26, 2015
sounds like the window regulator to me and it could just be a coincidence that its gone at the time youve had the door card off , dunno why youve had it off for a sub tho mate. Or the regulator hasnt been put back right. take the card off and have a look
Agree with linfordfr
Previous vehicle was doing the exactly same thing, I had to actually help and push the window up with my hands for it to close.
Apparently with mine something was bent I think it was window regulator that metal part, but never got around to fix it and just sold it.

Most likely to be the window regulator causing problems.
Good luck :thumbup:

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise