Door rust

FrChappers

Feb 19, 2012
Hi all,

I have noticed the paint blistering on both front doors from underneath the seam sealant, one is halfway up the door and the other is along the bottom of the inner edges.
Has anybody else had this problem?
Might be worth a trip to seat but as it's only on the surface I doubt they will be interested.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Dirt Junkie

Feb 10, 2015
Yorkshire
Hi Matt,

ive noticed the very same thing on my leon. its a 59 plate and is starting to bubble down the nearside front door halfway down the seam. it is only about the size of a 5p. I havnt yet contacted seat but I will be making a phone call shortly.

FrChappers

Feb 19, 2012
Hi Dirt Junkie,

Thanks for your response.
That sounds to be in exactly the same spot as my passenger door. Mines a 57 plate and the rest of the car is immaculate. I have read on other vag forums that the Passat B6 can suffer from this too and that it's a manufacturing defect from the factory to do with the seam sealant.
Good luck with SEAT.

OldManPooley

Jul 9, 2015
Count me in to. Both front doors along the bottom. 60 plate.

Somewhere you wouldnt normally look but think its a safe bet that a lot of other cars will have it but the owners are blissfully unaware.

I wish i still was :(

FrChappers

Feb 19, 2012
Yes I was too until my other half let the door swing right open in the high winds. It went with a right crack so went to see if it had damaged the hinge, fortunately it hadn't but this is when I noticed said issue.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

OldManPooley

Jul 9, 2015
Yes I was too until my other half let the door swing right open in the high winds. It went with a right crack so went to see if it had damaged the hinge, fortunately it hadn't but this is when I noticed said issue.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

No worries mate ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members