brian1912

May 7, 2017
Phoned seat before I went on holiday there saying they think it’s break fluid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavieTDI

Brain dead
Aug 3, 2013
kilmarnock Scotland
If you have a leak at your back breaks then you will see it. Get your hands in and have a good feel about. Have your fluids drop. Don’t take it to seat cause some bloke said he thinks over the phone. Save some potential money by having a good look. As said if your rear brakes are leaking then you will see it

brian1912

May 7, 2017
Thanks Dave I’m going to get my local mechanic to check it over

DavieTDI

Brain dead
Aug 3, 2013
kilmarnock Scotland
Pop the bonnet and look at the colour of the break fluid. If it’s not green then your worrying about nothing. Stick your head under the back of the car. If it’s leaking then your will see fluid at the brakes.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I saw this same stuff on my next door neighbours drive (snow made it quite bright)

I noticed he has a slight oil leak, could it be reacting with the salt and snow etc to make it green?

DavieTDI

Brain dead
Aug 3, 2013
kilmarnock Scotland
No. If he has a water leak and it’s green then that is most likely the cause. But if his brake fluid is now t green then it’s not going to turn green unless you put lots of green dye in

DavieTDI

Brain dead
Aug 3, 2013
kilmarnock Scotland
This post is five days old so if it was break fluid then I would expect a brake warning light by now. If your antifreeze is not green then it’s not an engine water leak. If your washer fluid is not green then the green liquid has not leaked from your car

brian1912

May 7, 2017
To be honest dave I’ve not really driven the car last since last Wednesday due to the snow but the whatever it is it’s dripping down from my car as I can see it running off the exhaust but will let everybody know when I get Back from holiday

brian1912

May 7, 2017
Well finally got the car booked in they had a good look over and could find nothing but says they have had a spate of different cars in lately but all they can put it down to is maybe a animal pee

DavieTDI

Brain dead
Aug 3, 2013
kilmarnock Scotland
Well finally got the car booked in they had a good look over and could find nothing but says they have had a spate of different cars in lately but all they can put it down to is maybe a animal pee

That cat or dog really should be taken to a vet with bright green pee.

A bet something has been spilled on the road and you just ran over it

brian1912

May 7, 2017
That cat or dog really should be taken to a vet with bright green pee.

A bet something has been spilled on the road and you just ran over it

Not a clue Davie the garage says they have had three or four cars in lately with the same thing

andycupra

status subject to change
Most exhausts have iron alloy, steel and galvanised somewhere..
ZINC is usually used for galvanising protection

Yellow zinc oxide can be the result where there is zinc, iron, and there is a catylist. (say salt /snow/water...)

So, where there is snow, and salted roads there are the ingredients required for yellow/green results.

The fact its been snowing, its dripping from the exhaust and garage have fed back they have seen this a few times - means this is very likely the cause.
(and when its cold you can get lots of condensation build up in the exhaust system).

Last edited:

brian1912

May 7, 2017
Cheers andy I just couldn’t work out the colour and it being the back end of the car

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.