New dsg on leon TDI

pmdc199

Jun 7, 2004
Anyone got one of the above. Thinking of gettiing this for the wife for company car . Is in auo or are there flippy paddlies or up down with the auto gear stick.

What's it like to drive?

Thanks

Paul

Tell

Staff member
I have the Altea which is it's relative and it's pretty good to drive. The gear box is a dream. You would not want to drive it using paddles that just a motoring correspondents stunt - it doesn't have paddles. I keep mine in Normal mode, you can move into Sport and it changes up sooner [think it's up;)]. It's handy in a round about system of a new town where if you got the urge you can whiss around. I only put it in low gear by hand when going down a hill in Germany !, other than that in auto. You use the gear stick to change gear in manual mode. The whole shift moves to the left then you click up and down to get it to shift. As said, only do that twice a year.

It's good in heavy motorway trafic when your crawling, none of that changing up and down which wears your arm out. Think that's about it. I've had no problems with the DSG and I've had it a year now.

Harv

It ha NO paddles ............ WHY ??? ........ i tested a DSG A3 just before i bought my current FR TDI , and the flappy paddle was great for spirited driving and could be used as a manual box no probs ........... its not a jurno stunt its really useful , if there are no paddles on the leon then i will definately be having an A3 when i change in 18 months time.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.